Duck Hunting Forum banner

West Saskatchewan report sept 26 to oct 2

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  myoung 
#1 ·
Hi guys....just back from a week long trip north of the Kindersley area. Migration is in full swing with more ducks than i have seen in 20 years. Water was not an issue in the fields and the sloughs are just full enough to hold good numbers of birds and be huntable without boats. Had a couple fantastic duck shoots over some small water that was normally dry in the past. Goose hunting was a challenge after the sun came up but I am positive if we would have had some "ducky" weather it would not have been a problem getting the geese in. One problem we did encounter was the limited amount of fields that were harvested and able to get into. That should not be a problem now as there was activity as far as the eye could see with the harvest in full swing. Anyone heading up to that area in the next few weeks should encounter great hunting. PLEASE NOTE.....draw a line from Regina to Saskatoon and to the east the fields were full of water as they had over 30-40 inches of rain and the norm is around 6!....could be a problem for quite a while getting access. I would suggest heading west. Good luck to all and bring the mosquito repellent (not kidding).

#2 ·
thanks for the nice report! you can search all day on the forums and not find any good info.
reports like yours are appreciated. have to forgo sask. this year and it's killing me. but am trying to live through everyone
else's trips. maybe hit nw nd in late october. thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.