spring hunting

Regional reports on the migration of Snow and Blue geese.

FOR MIGRATION REPORTS ONLY

spring hunting

Postby alanwebfoot » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:43 am

a friend wants me to go to South Dakota for the return migration hunt,Maryland has one too!! S.D. is a 12 hour drive or more Md.is 5 or 6 ,east coast makes more sense less time on the road,more time in the field looking for a 2 day hunt ,whats the better option!!???
alanwebfoot
hunter

Re: spring hunting

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:12 am

SD would have more birds but they've had a lot more pressure on springtime birds than MD.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Wow, weird, I was just thinking about a hunt. I am from Long Island, and we are looking to extend our season with Snows. Any of you guys know a good guide service on the east coast, as far out as Ohio for March/April Snows??
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 am

boy do I wish we had spring snows here [Ross co.] saw one ! in a flock of 200 or more canadas ,every once in a while you might catch a small group of 5 or 6 Maryland and the Jersey shore look preety good!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby oxfordbeast » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:32 pm

Del Bay guide service, Jerry is out of delaware and hunts MD and NJ and kills the crap outa snows Give him a shout you won't be disappointed
First criteria in a hunting partner is a set of balls to tell his wife he is hunting today!!
oxfordbeast
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:46 pm

thanks Oxford I got a flier from him the other day!!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 pm

I've seen up to 8k snow's in the field I hunt on the Eastern Shore of MD. Safe bet going to MD.
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:27 pm

The east coast is looking pretty good for snows this year. :thumbsup:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby Honkers41 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:47 am

Well...everybody knows that the dakotas has some of the world's best snowgoose hunting, but...the east coast can be just as awsome....along the coast from Pa to Md can be lite up with my snows and i've seen it and did really well....NJ is as good as the midwest when the snows are dumping in so count your money if its a one in a lifetime trip ,then do it...but if you don't want the long drive and your not sure where to go...head east down to the marshes ther's plenty of ground down there and most farmers will let you in or knows of one that will....Honkers41
GUNS~UP~FEATHERS~DOWN~!
Love My Mossbergs!!
Honkers41
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Migration Reporting Forum