Duck Hunting Forum banner

Snow Geese Moving into Illinois

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  twentybucks 
#1 ·
Snow geese have moved into central Illinois.. I'm located off the river on Rt. 103 and they are here by the hundreds of thousands.. i sat outside from 11 am to 3 pm friday the 27th and watched them fly with no breaks between groups..

last night they were feeding in the field where i keep my decoy spread and they were numberous. they were back this morning scoping out my spread and looking for a place to roost for awhile..

alot of what i'm seeing are mature birds though, a great number of specks with them as well..

the migration is on and its a tad bit early, if this is any indicator of whats coming, snow goose season is going to be a blast this year.

#3 ·
twentybucks said:
I have never hunted snow geese before are these birds heading south this time of year? What town are you by, my buddy says we should try to go after them but I wouldn't even know where to start. Any help would be great.
They are heading back north. Get out and try it, it's a blast! Go watch some videos on youtube of snow goose hunting. Read a few articles. The worst that can happen is you spending money on fuel, and not shooting anything. IMO, it still beats sitting at home. :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.