Duck Hunting Forum banner

youth starting snowgoose hunting

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CUT'EM ALL JACK 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im 15 and this will be my first year of snow goose hunting with 3 of my buddies. were pretty much on our own when it comes to hunting and buyin anything. I live in southern minnesota, where would be a good spot to start huntin the snow geese? any tips are appreciated, just tryin to get some more time out in the field! Thanks.

#4 ·
up there? have no clue, near water and crop feilds! lol. down here in missouri? anywhere just about with abundant beans, and winter wheat (they will also hit peas, corn, and a lot of other crops just depending on whats available). watch the big flocks, try to figure out their patterns, where they roost, where they feed, and their fly paths. it has been working well for me, if u see them feeding in a feild, try to set up either in that spot or a similar feild nearby if at possiblie with the same crop. they always say "you gotta have 1,000 decoys plus to draw them in" from high in the sky, maybe, but ii decoyed 6 in my first outing with 20 homade trashbag decoys i painted up and used coathangers for stakes. it just depends, buit yes, if i did have at least 100 decoys, would have killed 20 or 30 that day instead of 6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.