KS, MO, KY, & TN migration Reports 08-09

Regional reports on the migration of Snow and Blue geese.

FOR MIGRATION REPORTS ONLY

KS, MO, KY, & TN migration Reports 08-09

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Post your reports here for KS, MO, KY, & TN
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby joshco84 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:55 pm

just thought i would put in we saw one full flight of snows today, probably about 50 birds at the bottoms this morning. I know its a little early still, but its still nice to see some.

I hope we get into some this year and really put a hurtin on em.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Sounds like AR has a ton and they're showing up in MO now.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby joshco84 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:20 pm

We have had a lot off an on. We were going to have a big hunt last weekend because i had a snot load of snows. Then it warmed up and they moved out.

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

warming up, hope they stay south a little longer...

Postby greatwhitehunter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:28 pm

:welcome: new to the form, thought I would get started by saying, I was outside tonight and heard snows flying over. Mighty early, and hope that everything that I have been hearing is correct, about lots of young birds. My brother is flying back the 11th of March for a five day hunt north of Mound City, MO. With this warm weather I hope that they are still around.
Having fun, and living life to the fullest...
greatwhitehunter
hunter

Postby orange legs » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Where are you located greatwhite? And welcome!!!
There's nothing better than your son's first word being geese!!!
Upper Red Rock Committee Chairman DU
Buck Gardner Calls Field Staff
Dakota Decoys Staff
orange legs
hunter

HEADS UP NORTHWEST MISSOURI!!!!!!!!

Postby greatwhitehunter » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:05 am

:gatgun: TAKE UM.... I just got back inside from doing chores, and they are flying over Savannah, MO 64485 by the thousands.. :party: If anyone has any reports about southern missouri please post it. Hopefully the younger birds are still hanging back. Good luck everyone...
greatwhitehunter
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 am

Was in SEMO this past weekend. We killed 50 in 3 days, the birds are there they just didn't want to come down. Killed moslty juvies.
kyfowler
hunter

More snows..

Postby greatwhitehunter » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Weather today in northwest mo in the 50's, lots of sunshine. I was out shoeing horses this morning and saw several large flocks again today. They must be roosting around maysville and smithville. :thumbsup: Going to go up around Mound City in the morning, thinking about going out Saturday north of mound city. Talked to a truck drive at work that came up from central Texas, said there are tons of snows building up down there.
greatwhitehunter
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 am

Central North Missouri yesterday strong cold north wind with sleet and snow. Heard several large flocks of snows flying back south most of the evening last night.
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:01 pm

We saw a few big flights flying west this morning in reno county kansas. two flights of around a hundred and one big flight probably had 300 or more in it.

They were definately migrators, they were a mile high, v'd up and not slowing down.

I would imagine the cold weather north of us stalls them though, they had 8 inches of snow in northwest kansas night before last.

joshco84
Leg Humper

huge flocks

Postby greatwhitehunter » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:48 am

I took my son hunt monday, and saw all kind of birds at mound city. Set out about 150 rags and a few flyers and shot 3 birds in 4 shots. Not to bad for a 5 hour hunt, had a blast. :huh: Did't see one other hunting group up there.
greatwhitehunter
hunter

heading back for more...

Postby greatwhitehunter » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:35 pm

My brother flys in on tuesday, we're going to rock their world the rest of the week :party: . Can't wait to get there :drool: Saw a couple of outfitters rigs parked down at St.Joe, Mo on my way to work. I'll post more after Wenesdays hunt.... :lol: Also saw the largest flock so far down by work flying northwest.
greatwhitehunter
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:39 pm

I havnt seen any around here lately, almost all geese are gone

joshco84
Leg Humper

Return to Snow Goose Migration Reporting Forum