Western washington duck location help.

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Western washington duck location help.

Postby waterfowlmachine123 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:19 pm

I am 15 years old and am really into duck hunting. I hunted nearly every weekend of the 2009 season with hardly and luck. we managed to shoot 3 geese, 4 megansers, and a 3 mallards. I really like the thrill of the kill but we dont get to kill much. I live in western washington and would appriciate someone directing me to a spot where i could kill a couple ducks or so. Thank you
waterfowlmachine123
hunter

Re: Western washington duck location help.

Postby njonesy_07 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:51 am

Scout. Once you turn 16 and are able to get your drivers license it makes it alot easier to scout and hunt when you want. :thumbsup:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby shotgunshell » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:32 pm

check ya pm
shotgunshell
hunter

Postby aboz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 am

I had a similar situation, what really helped me was google earth, once i found a good looking location there weather it was on someones property or public i would go check it out. And like Jonesy said having your driver's license helps. But I am a bike rider so that is how i normally check things out. Good luck put in the time and go look around. :thumbsup:
take em
aboz
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Having a type of airial reference really helps. When I'm out scouting I have Google Earth apps on my phone and I can use the gps to help me locate positions and see whats nearby and how to access property or water ways.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby takem4life » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:44 am

I llive in western washinton also and I am also 15 years old. I have come to relize that we live in a state where there are not many hunters. Therefor the public land is limited. There are a few spots up on Camano Island that I do fairly well on. But for the most part if you have the time, go to eastern washington its amazing how much more ducks there are. Good Luck!
takem4life
Newb

Postby Tealer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 pm

takem4life wrote:I llive in western washinton also and I am also 15 years old. I have come to relize that we live in a state where there are not many hunters. Therefor the public land is limited. There are a few spots up on Camano Island that I do fairly well on. But for the most part if you have the time, go to eastern washington its amazing how much more ducks there are. Good Luck!

Quite the opposite actually. There is a ton of public land all over this state. Trust my I am from woodland, I hunt all over all public land.you just have to work a little for it.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Return to Youth