How serious are you guys in the off season?

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Re: How serious are you guys in the off season?

Postby Duckslayer2008 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 am

Johann wrote:Is it all just having fun when season is open or are any of you half like myself obsessed with not only hunting but the duck and all the elements of hunting too?

I tend to fish too, but for the mostpart i explore new hunting areas and use a lot of time scounting, i go out and i pratice with my duck call and try to see how the ducks react to it. i go through all of my equipment, see if the decoys are broke and count how many of them who are ready for "action".. and of course a lot of trips to the shooting range! Planning new stragedies on how to improve my hunting and the results of it..

For me its not just a kill or equipment you use.. its tool and tools can be used in more than one way and im constantly dealing with ways to improve and better the result.. everytime i hunt and it doesnt go the way i want to i grow in experience
, am i the only one thinking like that, and what do you guys do in the off season :D?

Story of my duck hunting life.........damn I hate the offseason. :mad:
Duckslayer2008
hunter

Postby pork4life » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 am

Does anybody have any ideas of how to make money. Because legally I can't get a real job.
Rick Hall wrote:If you look close, you'll see "momma" has a pecker.
pork4life
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:57 am

pork4life wrote:Does anybody have any ideas of how to make money. Because legally I can't get a real job.

Mow lawns
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby garret schukis » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:09 pm

when i have days off work i shoot starlings at the local dariy get payed 25 cents a bird made 15.50 one day it is also great pratict for killing ducks.(shells are provided by the owner who is a really good family friend)
2011-2012
114 ducks
68 geese
3 bands
1 collar
garret schukis
hunter

Postby Duckslayer2008 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:22 pm

garret schukis wrote:when i have days off work i shoot starlings at the local dariy get payed 25 cents a bird made 15.50 one day it is also great pratict for killing ducks.(shells are provided by the owner who is a really good family friend)

You lucky little basturd. :bow: :bow:
When you talk to this guy next, tell him I'll PAY him $0.25 a bird if he'll let me come shoot them! :yes:
Duckslayer2008
hunter

Postby Bufflehead dude » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:19 pm

I shoot a lot clean my gun and check gear. On the off season I also turkey deer hunt and fish
Season total 2012 2013
Canada goose 1
Blue wing teal 1
Mallard 5
Wood duck 12
Hooded mergansers 3
Ringneck 1
Bufflehead 1
Blue bill 4
Bufflehead dude
hunter

Postby J Locker » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 am

I definately know what you mean. I try to call for atleast once a day. I also spend time working with my dog and going through my gear. This year i will be scouting a lot more, now that I can hunt refuges. I also try to do a lot of fishing and other hunting during the off season.
J Locker
hunter

Postby Themeatm4n » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm in high school and since 7 th grade I've been in my high school clay shooting team and practice calls daily
Themeatm4n
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Themeatm4n wrote:I'm in high school and since 7 th grade I've been in my high school clay shooting team and practice calls daily

I wish my school had a skeet team
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Previous

Return to Youth