Girlfriend

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Girlfriend

Postby duckaholic6 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 am

How many of Yall have a girlfriend during hunting season??? I have had a girlfriend for about 8 months now and she is trying to keep me from going hunting on the weekends!! Any one else have this problem?? She always complains on how Id rather be out hunting then being with her! The TRUTH is Id rather be out hunting!!!! :yes:
"TAKE EM"
duckaholic6
hunter

Re: Girlfriend

Postby greenhead3 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Ive had a few during hunting season. if they arent willing to put up with me hunting they arent worth my time. :lol3:
greenhead3
hunter

Postby dj youth duckhunter » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:03 pm

if the girl won't let me go she is GONE. no if's,and's, or but's about. :grooving: hey duchaholic where about in cali do u live?
Dustin~

dj youth duckhunter
hunter

Postby backwoodsboy09 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:52 pm

I just make mine tag along!
2011-2012
4 Bands
18 Mallards
7 BW Teal
9 Gadwall
11 Shovelers
1 Pintail
1 Ringbill
3 Woodies
22 Canadians
backwoodsboy09
hunter

Postby aboz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 am

Having a grilfriend is like being chained up and thrown in a prison. I had a couple last year and they would never let me go hunting or ride my nike. "you don't spend any time with me" is all i would hear. Hunting is my more fun :yes:
take em
aboz
hunter

Postby rms516 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Don't ever give in, it will snowball out of control. They will expect it more, too much is never enough.
rms516
hunter

Postby guidepauli » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:41 am

I had a girlfriend in high school that never wanted me to go out hunting with my buddies. Unfortunately, I missed out on hunting for a year, pissed all my friends off and have regretted it ever since. Find someone who supports you and your interests. I am almost done with college now and have had a girlfriend for the past two years that doesn't care if I go hunting and likes to tag along sometimes, which is nice since I can have alone time with my buddies and time with her as well. I take her to places she likes to go also, since relationships are two way streets. It's kinda like that song from Diamond Rio "Meet in the Middle", just don't ever date someone that wants to change who you are- it won't work out and you are just not mature enough at that age to know.
Rig'Em Right Waterfowl Pro Staff
Buck Gardner Field Staff
Storm Front Decoys Field Staff

Check out my blog! http://www.waterfowlfuryoutdoors.com
guidepauli
hunter

Postby FastPine » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:41 pm

rms516 wrote:Don't ever give in, it will snowball out of control. They will expect it more, too much is never enough.

:clapping: ...outstanding advise right there.....Give em an inch, theyl take a mile...
Blasting holes in the night till she bled sunshine..
FastPine
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:26 am

I'd have to agree with guidepauli on that one. Mine goes hunting with me several time a year and even sits in a deer stand once or twice. Dont get me wrong i spend some time at the mall too, but its a two way street. Find one that actually cares about your interests. A good woman will put as much weight on your interests as she does her own, but you have to do the same. Ive been with mine since i was 15 years old, and that was 15 years ago. Shes a good one, she puts up with my fishing and hunting year round.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby layoutshooter » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 pm

When I starting getting serious with my wife I made it VERY clear, I told her the following: "I hunt and I fish. I am NOT going to stop. When I get married and not longer have to "WASTE" hunting and fishing time on chasing women I will hunt and fish more." We have been married 37 years last June. That is how it is.
layoutshooter
hunter

Postby duckaholic6 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:22 pm

I live in the Valley!!
"TAKE EM"
duckaholic6
hunter

Postby Decoy King » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Man I had one it was 7 months and luckily she also hunted but like u said always wanting u to spend time on the weekends when thats ur only time to hunt....
Decoy King
hunter

Postby ((spoonyslayer)) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Decoy King wrote:spend time on the weekends when thats ur only time to hunt....

I no what you mean.. "Can you go to the movies tomorrow?"... " I'm hunting"... " That's bull sh** you can't be hunting every weekend a**hole"... got rid of that one
((spoonyslayer))
hunter

Postby keith96 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 am

me and my girlfriend broke up becuse i never hung out with her .every time she called i was hunting. now i got a girl that loves to hunt like i do.(just dont take her with you)
(-true waterfowling-)
keith96
hunter

Postby caj93 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

i got one like that and its annoying. i just go anyways. she always complains cuz all i talk about is how i cant wait to get in the river and duck hunt instead of how i cant wait to see her lol :lol3:
When the red river flows, take the dirt road home
caj93
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:17 pm

hey guys I had to redo ALL my decoy drop lines and my wife walked over halfway through and said I'll help you !! and I mounted a woodduck this summer for a very nice beautiful young lady whose dad takes her she loves it ,,Gotta find the right one FIRST divorce is no fun
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:15 pm

you could be like me and try and shoot ducks and watch duck huntin on t.v. :biggrin:
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby Quackity Gal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:38 pm

:hijack:

And from a woman's point of view:

The guys above are right on. You have to find a woman that's not going to constantly harass you for hunting. Offer to bring her along on a hunt (keep her warm, she'll be quieter!) or during the off-season, to the shooting range. She if she's interested in learning to shoot.

Also realize that you may have to give up one weekend out of the entire season. That's the give and take of a relationship.

Whatever you do, don't give up hunting for her! No person is worth giving up such a great passion for.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Quackity Gal
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham
Quackity Gal
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Quackity Gal,,so true those that complain because you do hunt are NOT terrible people ,they are just not maybe right for you ,you guys need to check out the newest Delta Waterfowl magazine and read the article on women in the outdoors ,,many would go if treated right ,asked nicely and encouraged!!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I keep away from the problem before she becomes my girlfreind. I find out before I try. If she don't like that I hunt, I don't bother trying to get her to be my girlfreind. Hasn't failed me yet :biggrin:
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Postby keith96 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:49 am

well thats the prob they say they aint got a prob with it but they do. i told my girl i was going hunting she said agen i said hell ya then got that wat ev.then i tell her ill txt her when i get home when i get my phone at home she sent me 11 msg
(-true waterfowling-)
keith96
hunter

Postby duckaholic6 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:25 pm

keith96 wrote:well thats the prob they say they aint got a prob with it but they do. i told my girl i was going hunting she said agen i said hell ya then got that wat ev.then i tell her ill txt her when i get home when i get my phone at home she sent me 11 msg

HAHAHAHAAHA this happens to me all the time with my ol lady!! I always tell her that ill txt her when I get home from hunting.. Every time that I get home from hunting I always have at least 5-10 txt from her saying "wow you dont want to talk to me, Are you done yet?, you rather be hunting then be with me, do you even love me.... Im like geeeezzzzz.... Then she told me why cant you take your phone out hunting with you?? Cant you txt me when your out there.. I was like no!! Im not going to txt you when im out there.. Thats my time to enjoy what I want to do... And its my time to enjoy what I love to do.. Im not going to txt you when me and my buddy's are out there having fun... Then she got all crazzzyyy on me!! She just doesnt get it....
"TAKE EM"
duckaholic6
hunter

Postby imateamroper2 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:50 pm

haha this is a funny one.i had that problem.she even accuses me of cheating so i have to show the ducks everytime i come home. :no:
BUT ONCE I TOOK HER OUT IN THE FIELD, SHE GOT HER FEET WET AND FROZE HER ASS OFF.PROBLEM SOLVED!!! SHE NEVER CAME AGAIN AND DOESN'T EVER WANNA GO AGAIN.EVEN THOUGH I'D LIKE HER TO COME ALONG MORE ,SHE'S WAY TO PRISSY.But now she knows what it is i love to do and she don't mess with me anymore.
imateamroper2
hunter

Postby keith96 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 am

well my girl trys to make me feel bad about it but it dont work.see some girls just dont understand us country boys and us hunters.
(-true waterfowling-)
keith96
hunter

Postby 37lbgoose » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:42 pm

i broke my wife in early. we got together in november, one week before the second half of the split. her cousin actually met her fiance two days later. we were all at a family function that weekend, and me and him started talking about goose hunting. me and my wife have been together 4 years now, one year of which i was deployed, and me and him have hunted every time i have been home. my wife and her cousin learned after being together just 2 weeks, that there is nothing that will come between a man and hunting.
Arkansas River Valley Outdoors Prostaff
37lbgoose
hunter

Next

Return to Youth