What grades do you have to make

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

What grades do you have to make

Postby grizzlyman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 pm

My mom and dad say I have to make a and b to go hunting and i made a 77 by being careless and i do not get to go youth deer hunting which i have been doing since i was 6 and now im 12
grizzlyman
hunter

Re: What grades do you have to make

Postby benellinova54 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 pm

I dont have any "restrictions" on my hunting because of grades haha. I am pretty careless though i need to change that because i have a feeling if i dont get my grades up soon and whatnot that i wont be able to hunt for a while.
benellinova54
hunter

Postby faith » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:01 am

i have to get a 3.5 to go hunting it sucks but i make it every time :) cuz i love hunting its my life
faith
hunter

Postby wrestleduck » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:50 pm

3.75 it's terrible
wrestleduck
hunter

Postby faith » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:29 pm

wrestleduck wrote:3.75 it's terrible

thats worse then what i have to make i didnt think anyone would have to make a higher GPA then me.
faith
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Your parents are trying to teach you priorities, to you it's hunting higher on the "list", to them it's gpa. I can't say they are wrong but it hurts sometimes when you don't quite make it but it's a learning process and will teach you that things that mean the most to you are worth working for and most of all both you and your parents know you can do it! I would like to think if your gpa was higher than what they have prescribed that a new shotgun would be in order don't you think? Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby benellinova54 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Just had this happen to me grades were bad was going to go hunting but they didnt let me i got pissed and then got my grades up now its hunting when i want!!!!
benellinova54
hunter

Postby DuckHuner88 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Yea, I have to get straight A's and all straight A's or else I cant go hunting. And if its spring, I cant play baseball! Recently, I couldnt go because I had a B on a test!
"If you cant beat 'em, hurt 'em."
DuckHuner88
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:30 am

Just to give you some perspective when I was younger I thought hunting was more important and as a consequence I failed my second year university, I went into business and had very little time for hunting or fishing or anything else except work really. 25 years later I went back to university and earned a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Now I have time and money to enjoy my hunting and fishing and camping. If you think it's hard to get good grades at your age then just think of how hard it was for me 25 years later. My best advice and wishes for you is that you put your education at the top of your priority list, be the best you can be, the rewards will be limitless. Lost
Last edited by lostknife4 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby wratliffky » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:08 pm

All A's it gets really stressful at times but hopefully in the end it will pay off for me.
wratliffky
hunter

Postby garret schukis » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:47 pm

if i not failing anything i good
2011-2012
114 ducks
68 geese
3 bands
1 collar
garret schukis
hunter

Postby grizzlyman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 pm

lostknife4 wrote:Your parents are trying to teach you priorities, to you it's hunting higher on the "list", to them it's gpa. I can't say they are wrong but it hurts sometimes when you don't quite make it but it's a learning process and will teach you that things that mean the most to you are worth working for and most of all both you and your parents know you can do it! I would like to think if your gpa was higher than what they have prescribed that a new shotgun would be in order don't you think? Lost

im only in seventh grade and dont know about gpa
grizzlyman
hunter

Postby benellinova54 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Gpa is your grade point average so each letter grade is worth a certain amount of points and they take the points you have from grades and divide it by the number of classes im pretty sure thats what it is
benellinova54
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 am

Just do the best you can, it's hard but remember exams indicate what you haven't learned and all education is based on you knowing the prerequisites. So you can't be expected to know the methods of higher math if you don't know how to add and multiply, that why it's so important to know the basics of every course, you will be using those things that you have learned in former studies to build on the newer more complex ones. If you don't know something, then ask someone who does to help you, I can't emphasize that enough. Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Postby whack'n'stack44 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Gotta have an A or B to go hunting, play baseball, or football..TRy to keep it up because hunting is my life!
whack'n'stack44
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:42 pm

my parents dont care if I'm failing. I can still go hunting, after all I have my own truck, I pay for gas, decoys, gun, layout blind, and buy all my own stuff so they really dont have a say in weather or not if I can go!

currently I have an A in advanced prodject fab., an A in strength tranning, a C- in math, and a C in Pop culture. Im a part time in high school so that why i only have 4 classes this semester.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby Double Shorthair » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Right now I am in 10th grade doing good in everything but Spanish II. I can go as long as I have decent grades other than Spanish. I have a 35% right now in it and its going downhill. I have not a clue what my teacher is talking about when she talks in all SPANISH :help: . Please tell me when Im going to ever talk in Spanish to someone other than my teacher????
Double Shorthair
hunter

Postby Double Shorthair » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Btw,thats looks like a pretty bad *** chevy you got in your avatar.
Double Shorthair
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Anything but a D. If I have a D my car gets taken away an that means no hunting
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Obviously you have a communication comprehension problem with your Spanish.

My advice: get a Spanish girlfriend for some remedial work and ask your teacher to recommend a few girls for you...........

You will be amazed at how your marks will improve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my case it was French LOL

Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Postby bluegreenteal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Grades aren't a problem here.... finished Algebra II as a sophomore with 107% :tongue:
bluegreenteal
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 am

bluegreenteal wrote:Grades aren't a problem here.... finished Algebra II as a sophomore with 107% :tongue:

The things I would do for a 107%....
Id give up hunting for a whole year if I was garunteed straight A's for the rest of my school career
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby bluegreenteal » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 am

Takes hard work and a lot of studying. Last year I had straight C's. But then I was diagnosed with ADD. As you can tell, the medicine got me on the right track. Pay attention in class, try your hardest, and do every problem. Changed my grades around real quick.
bluegreenteal
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 am

Double Shorthair wrote:Btw,thats looks like a pretty bad *** chevy you got in your avatar.

thanks! Thats my brother's old duramax with a 14in lift. but I still drive my 475hp+ chevy with a 9in lift to school every day! :yes:
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby waterswater96 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 pm

need A's B's and a high C will do if it's a low C i have to prove that im actually trying by studying hard every night or its a no go
Hilljacks at there finest.
Too many birds not enough shells.
waterswater96
hunter

Next

Return to Youth