Got my first Mojo not happy!

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby MossyMallard12 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah got a Baby Mojo Drake the first day THE FIRST DAY I get it home and my brothers are messing with it and they brake one of the damn feet off of it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :fingerhead: I'm soooo pissed off my dad's going to fix it. But that's not the point, I used my hard earned cash on it and they FUC**** brake it come on! :mad: :fingerhead:
Chillin', Killin', Grillin'!
MossyMallard12
hunter
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Hamburg, Iowa


Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:04 pm

they dont even work that well. I would have spent your money on more decoys to mix up your spread or toward a nicer layout blind like you wanted.

but I also have the same problem of my brothers messing with my stuff. so I keep every thing in my part of the garage so they dont mess with it and I can back my truck up to the garage, load and go! (I guess thats one nice thing about having a truck that doesnt fit in the garage, more room for decoys! :yes: )
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3222
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby downhomeduckhunter » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm

MossyMallard12 wrote:Yeah got a Baby Mojo Drake the first day THE FIRST DAY I get it home and my brothers are messing with it and they brake one of the damn feet off of it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :fingerhead: I'm soooo pissed off my dad's going to fix it. But that's not the point, I used my hard earned cash on it and they FUC**** brake it come on! :mad: :fingerhead:

My mojos always do good for me but i don't use the feet i put orange marker tape in there. gives them movement!
drake mallards have green heads
downhomeduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:23 pm

Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:42 am

The feet always break. Most of the time there's a foot broke off in my mojo so I usually don't have the feet on then when they're out. Second my mojos have flared more ducks this year than I've killed.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 11937
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby MNWaterfowler22 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:Second my mojos have flared more ducks this year than I've killed.


It might just be my opinion but it is most likely due to the fact that us Northerners use them a great deal of the time! So when the ducks get down to you Southern boys the mojo magic doesn't work as good as everyone says. Since that is all they have been seeing for movement in spreads once they left Canada.

MM12~ feet or no feet it will pull ducks. Especially in Iowa since they haven't seen them that much.
If that doesn't light your fire, your woods wet!
User avatar
MNWaterfowler22
hunter
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby duuck » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm

mojos are a waste of money in my opinion. flappin scare crows
jehler wrote:Comparing flambeau to ghg is like comparing horseshit to cowshit
User avatar
duuck
hunter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:40 pm

:lol: so true!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
User avatar
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3222
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: sittin high in the Missouri skies!

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby YouMadBra » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

I had mixed feelings about my mojo this year. It would seem part of the time if I didn't have a Mojo out I couldn't get the ducks attention. But later in the season it would start to flare birds. I found later in the season to get the remote control in them and as soon as the ducks see your spread or you have their attention turn them off and let your call do the finishing work. I hunt in central Nebraska along the Platte river.
Doose Boy for life!!!

Why cant it be Waterfowl season all year long?!!
User avatar
YouMadBra
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:26 pm
Location: South Central, NE

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:49 pm

screw mojos my two do more damage than good
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Cullman, Alabama

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby jack lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 pm

if i want movement in my spread or sumthing to catch the birds eye i use a jerk line. they are easy to rig, effective, and you dont have to worry about battrys
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:59 pm
Location: Cullman, Alabama

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby rivercountry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Somedays they work great other days they are like a big signs that say " You better get outta here". We use them alot in Arkansas but back home in NC I have found that the wonder duck Super paddle wheels and a jerk string do alot better.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
User avatar
rivercountry
hunter
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:25 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby ducks385 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 pm

MossyMallard12 wrote:Yeah got a Baby Mojo Drake the first day THE FIRST DAY I get it home and my brothers are messing with it and they brake one of the damn feet off of it! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :fingerhead: I'm soooo pissed off my dad's going to fix it. But that's not the point, I used my hard earned cash on it and they FUC**** brake it come on! :mad: :fingerhead:

you don't even need the feet we took the feet off ours. and we still shoot ducsk.
If it flies it dies,If it hops it drops
User avatar
ducks385
hunter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:39 pm
Location: Plover,Wisconsin central wisconsin

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby ducks385 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm

MNWaterfowler22 wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Second my mojos have flared more ducks this year than I've killed.


It might just be my opinion but it is most likely due to the fact that us Northerners use them a great deal of the time! So when the ducks get down to you Southern boys the mojo magic doesn't work as good as everyone says. Since that is all they have been seeing for movement in spreads once they left Canada.

MM12~ feet or no feet it will pull ducks. Especially in Iowa since they haven't seen them that much.

yea we use robos and get ducks it just gets their attention with the flash of the white on the wing.
If it flies it dies,If it hops it drops
User avatar
ducks385
hunter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:39 pm
Location: Plover,Wisconsin central wisconsin

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby jhonsmith » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:58 pm

I also have the same problem of my brothers messing with my stuff. so I keep every thing in my part of the garage so they dont mess with it ...!!!

:grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :no: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
jhonsmith
Newb
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby War Wagon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Sounds Good...everybody get rid of there MoJo's I like that idea... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Attachments
DSCN2792.JPG
I Hate MoJo's
Last edited by War Wagon on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
War Wagon
hunter
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Green Bay Wisconsin

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby greasegetter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:49 pm

ill give you the feet off mine as soon as i find the damn thing.It bothered me as well as the ducks,I hunt low access high pressure areas and never worked well for me.
greasegetter
hunter
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: long island new york

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm

War Wagon wrote:Sounds Good...everybody get rid of there MoJo's I like that idea... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Do banded mojos bring in banded birds?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
hunter
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am
Location: NW Arkansas

Re: Got my first Mojo not happy!

Postby War Wagon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 am

What are bands good for ? :lol3: :lol3:
User avatar
War Wagon
hunter
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Green Bay Wisconsin


Return to Youth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest