Favorite Shotgun Maker?

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Favorite Shotgun Maker?

Postby MossyMallard12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 am

Mine is Mosseburg, I absolutely love the safeties on Mosseburgs. :thumbsup: Reliable, and easy shooting. I have a 12ga 835 Ulti Mag!
Chillin', Killin', Grillin'!
MossyMallard12
hunter

Re: Favorite Shotgun Maker?

Postby waterswater96 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 pm

The mossberg is a great gun 500A or 835 but the beneli sbe2 is my top pick no recoil no matter what load and its light
Hilljacks at there finest.
Too many birds not enough shells.
waterswater96
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:46 pm

gotta be Browning after getting my Maxus! best shooting gun I've ever shot.

2nd would probably be Remington due to my family owns a ton of them (2 my self) and nobody has had a problem out of them!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby waterswater96 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:gotta be Browning after getting my Maxus! best shooting gun I've ever shot.

2nd would probably be Remington due to my family owns a ton of them (2 my self) and nobody has had a problem out of them!

Remington make a great gun but it seems everytime i took my 1187 on a hunt the rings would split
Hilljacks at there finest.
Too many birds not enough shells.
waterswater96
hunter

Postby MossyMallard12 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 pm

What I really want to get is a Benelli Vinci but don't have that kind of cash. :crying:
MossyMallard12
hunter

Postby duuck » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

definately beretta
jehler wrote:Comparing flambeau to ghg is like comparing horseshit to cowshit
duuck
hunter

Postby Juca » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:40 pm

beretta... pretty much all young hunters are talking about benelli,my father have benelli duca di montefeltro,and i dont know its just looks so fragile :lol3: I would never change my 1965 S55 for some fancy semi auto :biggrin:
Juca
hunter

Postby River Ramblin' Man » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm

MossyMallard12 wrote:Mine is Mosseburg, I absolutely love the safeties on Mosseburgs. :thumbsup: Reliable, and easy shooting. I have a 12ga 835 Ulti Mag!

For sure :beer:
sampsonhuntin wrote:Are you now on his knob like you were WTN10's before he internet choke slammed you?
River Ramblin' Man
hunter

Postby pork4life » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Well I only have 1 shotgun and it's Remmy 870, butt i love how my friend's Benlli SBEII feels and shoots :bow: . Yeah while he was getting something to eat I just had to try it out on a lone cinnamon flying overhead about 20 yards up. Nocked him out of the sky :biggrin: . So im going to see that the Benelli is up there with the highest
Rick Hall wrote:If you look close, you'll see "momma" has a pecker.
pork4life
hunter

Postby BirdBoy501 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 am

Benelli and Beretta are the best Hands down :yes:
Wack and Stack em
BirdBoy501
hunter

Postby MossyMallard12 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:04 am

I don't think a lot of people step back and look, you don't need the fastest shooting semi-auto out there, hell just think the old timers have probably killed more ducks and geese with single shots and sides by sides than all these fancy pantcy shotguns we have now. Sure they're nice but singles and side by side will make you make your shots count. Singles and side by side will kill birds just as dead as autos. I think semi-autos just allow you to spray BB's every where. But I'll say it again Semi-autos are nice. :wink:
MossyMallard12
hunter

Postby duuck » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 pm

MossyMallard12 wrote:I think semi-autos just allow you to spray BB's every where. But I'll say it again Semi-autos are nice. :wink:

Spraying BB's everywhere can be pretty fun haha. But everyone seems to think benelli is the greatest gun ever, its really just a huge gimmick that has made some moron rich. I shoot sporting clays cometitively and benellis are just a joke, for some reason people think a gas operated gun will freeze in the cold which is completely stupid. If anyone is considering a benelli, save some money and buy a good gun rather than getting ripped off and lied to about idiotic features that do not do anything.
duuck
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:26 pm

MossyMallard12 wrote:I don't think a lot of people step back and look, you don't need the fastest shooting semi-auto out there, hell just think the old timers have probably killed more ducks and geese with single shots and sides by sides than all these fancy pantcy shotguns we have now. Sure they're nice but singles and side by side will make you make your shots count. Singles and side by side will kill birds just as dead as autos. I think semi-autos just allow you to spray BB's every where. But I'll say it again Semi-autos are nice. :wink:

its not about spraying BB's everywhere, you must learn to handle and shoot a semi vs. pump, break action, etc. its about being able to get a faster follow up shot, and giving you more time to get a lead on another bird should you get the chance.

swapping from my 870 to my Maxus was a huge step I'll never regret. I have had many more kills in a hunt with it because I was able to take well placed shots and then get a lead on a 2nd bird, and drop it too. the maxus also allows for AWESOME follow up shots and an additional shot at a 2nd bird because of the very very little recoil and muzzle jump. IMO a semi allows for more ethical kills if you're good with a gun.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:32 pm

2500hdon37s wrote: F**Ks given about your season total- 0

That's way too funny! :lol3: :thumbsup: Reminds me of the MasterCard commercials. Ever see the one with the guy trying to talk his girlfriend into a b**wj*b on her front porch? I saw it years ago, might still be found on YouTube. It's a riot!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby duuck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Glimmerjim wrote: b**wj*b

online charades?
duuck
hunter

Postby Camundson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Benelli or Berreta....enough said. :yes:
KILL'EM BOYS
Camundson
hunter

Postby BenellisbeII » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:16 pm

duuck wrote:
MossyMallard12 wrote:I think semi-autos just allow you to spray BB's every where. But I'll say it again Semi-autos are nice. :wink:

Spraying BB's everywhere can be pretty fun haha. But everyone seems to think benelli is the greatest gun ever, its really just a huge gimmick that has made some moron rich. I shoot sporting clays cometitively and benellis are just a joke, for some reason people think a gas operated gun will freeze in the cold which is completely stupid. If anyone is considering a benelli, save some money and buy a good gun rather than getting ripped off and lied to about idiotic features that do not do anything.

:lol: :lol: No its not that gas operated guns freeze when it gets cold, its gas guns get dirtier faster than interia driven guns. Which means they have a better chance of jamming over interia. You can sit here and hate on Benelli all you want but there a very quality made gun that is one of the most if not the most reliable semi-auto on the market. You must be one of those people that hate on them because you cant afford one. :grooving: :fingerpt:

If you cant already tell my vote goes to Benelli.
BenellisbeII
hunter

Postby Shane B Mindak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 pm

BenellisbeII wrote:
duuck wrote:

:lol: :lol: No its not that gas operated guns freeze when it gets cold, its gas guns get dirtier faster than interia driven guns. Which means they have a better chance of jamming over interia. You can sit here and hate on Benelli all you want but there a very quality made gun that is one of the most if not the most reliable semi-auto on the market. You must be one of those people that hate on them because you cant afford one. :grooving: :fingerpt:

If you cant already tell my vote goes to Benelli.

Amen brother i have never heard anyone who has owned a benelli complain about the gun ever. I love it when people can't afford a product and then are so diluted they feel the need to bad talk the product. Nice try duuck ya jack wagon
Shane B Mindak
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:47 pm

My favorite is Browning

But a close second would be Benelli. I have a Nova that has had the hell beat out of it, and it just keeps shooting.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:43 am

Browning. I love my bps
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby puddle-hunter1234 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:31 pm

i partial to Remington, i own an 11-96 euro ultra-light and i love it, yes it needs a little more cleaning than the inertia guns but i don't mind it because i shoot well with it. i can afford a benelli but i just don't feel the need to own one, they are nice though. my runner up would be mossberg, had a model 500 for a while and the gun went to hell and back with me without a problem.
puddle-hunter1234
hunter

Postby jack lowe » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm

benellie lol i love mine but my second is a tie between my mossberg 500 an my remington 870
Fresh prince of the bayou[/quote]jehler
mox wrote:If you say the water is too cold... then you sir, are a puss
"a lanyard and a few empy shells dont make you a duck hunter" - the duck commander
jack lowe
hunter

Favorite Shotgun Maker?

Postby duckmanNV » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:42 pm

I love just about anything but mossberg. Actually - I despise mossberg- they feel cheap, look ugly and for the same amount of money you can get a quality gun.
duckmanNV
hunter

Postby NVCanvasback » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Has to be my Beretta 1200 F. It's awesome!
NVCanvasback
hunter

Postby tietjen12 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Remington all the way! i started with an lt-20 1100 then a 12ga 1100 and now i have a versa max and it is by far the best, no recoil no maintenance and no benelli lock
tietjen12
hunter

Next

Return to Youth