Benelli SBEII vs. beretta xtrema2 vs. stoeger m3500

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Benelli SBEII vs. beretta xtrema2 vs. stoeger m3500

Postby Benelli and ducks 4 life » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 pm

I am 12 years old and currently looking for a semiautomatic shotgun. I am left eye dominant so I am leaning towards the SBEII more but will happily go to a different gun if recommended and there are enough reasons why. I realize my user name is benelli for life but I will still be open to other guns.

It will be for duck, clay (redneck kind not league), and occasional pheasant.

The stoeger is more of a backup cheaper alternative
The things you see when you don't have your gun...
Benelli and ducks 4 life
hunter

Re: Benelli SBEII vs. beretta xtrema2 vs. stoeger m3500

Postby pork4life » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:39 am

If I were to chose my order would go like this

1. Benelli SBE 2 because of the recoil reduction and it comes with 5 chokes

2. Beretta xtrema2 because it also has recoil reduction

3. Stoeger m3500 It's like a cheap version of the Benelli SBE 2 american
Rick Hall wrote:If you look close, you'll see "momma" has a pecker.
pork4life
hunter

Postby duuck » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Anything Beretta. I shoot sporting clay tournaments and benelli's are honestly garbage. They kick like crazy. Beretta's have light kick and are gonna shoot when you pull the trigger, no matter what. They've been making guns longer than anyone else and their still in business. that shows alot. But when I was your age I shot a Remington 1100. Deffinately a great gun. Its also a little cheaper and they have youth models. Id reccomend either one of those 2... Stay away from benelli though. They kick hard and weird and they have to many problems and they are way overpriced.... And to the guy above me, Benellis should come with 5 chokes cause they over price the gun so high.. save your money though and get 3 chokes and with the extra money you save from buying a good gun and not a benelli you can buy 5 good chokes, not the cheap factory ones.
jehler wrote:Comparing flambeau to ghg is like comparing horseshit to cowshit
duuck
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 pm

duuck wrote:Anything Beretta. I shoot sporting clay tournaments and benelli's are honestly garbage. They kick like crazy. Beretta's have light kick and are gonna shoot when you pull the trigger, no matter what. They've been making guns longer than anyone else and their still in business. that shows alot. But when I was your age I shot a Remington 1100. Deffinately a great gun. Its also a little cheaper and they have youth models. Id reccomend either one of those 2... Stay away from benelli though. They kick hard and weird and they have to many problems and they are way overpriced.... And to the guy above me, Benellis should come with 5 chokes cause they over price the gun so high.. save your money though and get 3 chokes and with the extra money you save from buying a good gun and not a benelli you can buy 5 good chokes, not the cheap factory ones.

Dang! Did you catch your wife with a Benelli rep :thumbsup: or something? There is no way you can " honestly call them garbage". Their dang fine shotguns. Same goes for the Beretta's and the Browning's. Kid don't let some guy sway your decision when apparently to him Beretta is the only gun ever made :lol3: . Go to different shops and handle each one. If you go SBE II, get the American version and put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it. With that $30 recoil pad it'll shoot with any Beretta and their K/O system anyday. Plus you'll savebout $400-$500 bucks of the standard SBE II that way. Give the Browning Silver a look and feel too. You can find them for around $850 and they will shoot with any Benelli or Beretta out there. And this is coming from a Benelli guy
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby Benelli and ducks 4 life » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:03 pm

I have actually shouldered a lefty SBEII and it did not feel weird at all. I have also shot a righty one. I didn't realize I had just shot a 12 gauge (and take note that benelli makes recoil pads for lefties and pads for righties. This one was righty). Thank you to the person who reminded me of the Silver, I have heard great things about this gun as well.
Benelli and ducks 4 life
hunter

Postby Benelli and ducks 4 life » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 pm

duuck wrote:Anything Beretta. I shoot sporting clay tournaments and benelli's are honestly garbage. They kick like crazy. Beretta's have light kick and are gonna shoot when you pull the trigger, no matter what. They've been making guns longer than anyone else and their still in business. that shows alot. But when I was your age I shot a Remington 1100. Deffinately a great gun. Its also a little cheaper and they have youth models. Id reccomend either one of those 2... Stay away from benelli though. They kick hard and weird and they have to many problems and they are way overpriced.... And to the guy above me, Benellis should come with 5 chokes cause they over price the gun so high.. save your money though and get 3 chokes and with the extra money you save from buying a good gun and not a benelli you can buy 5 good chokes, not the cheap factory ones.

You do realize that the lowest quality brand named is stoeger right? Beretta owns Benelli and they both are high quality. Benelli owns Stoeger, stoeger air guns, Franchi (you know, the SPAS-12 people), and Uberti.
Benelli and ducks 4 life
hunter

Postby duuck » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Luvbowhuntn wrote:Dang! Did you catch your wife with a Benelli rep :thumbsup: or something? There is no way you can " honestly call them garbage". Their dang fine shotguns. Same goes for the Beretta's and the Browning's. Kid don't let some guy sway your decision when apparently to him Beretta is the only gun ever made :lol3: . Go to different shops and handle each one. If you go SBE II, get the American version and put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it. With that $30 recoil pad it'll shoot with any Beretta and their K/O system anyday. Plus you'll savebout $400-$500 bucks of the standard SBE II that way. Give the Browning Silver a look and feel too. You can find them for around $850 and they will shoot with any Benelli or Beretta out there. And this is coming from a Benelli guy

Hahaha. :lol3: No, I like brownings alot too, and all other guns. Just not benelli. And also that was just my opinion and personal experiences. I'm just a beretta guy though haha
jehler wrote:Comparing flambeau to ghg is like comparing horseshit to cowshit
duuck
hunter

Postby waterswater96 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Benelli SBEII is the best choice ive been shooting one for a few years since my mossberg (wood) broke on stock due to rough conditions.
Hilljacks at there finest.
Too many birds not enough shells.
waterswater96
hunter

Postby Patternmaster kid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:06 pm

I would go with either The extrema or sbe2 because I hunt hunt with guys who have them and haven't cleaned for 3or 4 seasons with no problems at all. I would stay away from the stoeger for know let the 3500 gain a reputation first before you buy it, because the m2000 ended up being terrible. I just don't want you to male an $800 mistake. If you go browning winchester benelli or beretta you will not be disappointed at all.
A
Patternmaster kid
hunter

Postby archerykid13 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:42 pm

Beretta Xtrema 2 in my opinion. I just had to make a decision between the SBEII and the Xtrema 2 and the Xtrema is the one I'll be buying this summer. They are both very nice guns but the Xtrema stood out to me.

Jake
archerykid13
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu May 24, 2012 6:53 pm

avoid the stoeger IMO but the other 2 are good choices.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Youth