What atvs do you drive

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

What atvs do you drive

Postby Iowan hillbilly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:53 am

Do you use honda, yamaha, can-am etc.
Iowan hillbilly
hunter

Re: What atvs do you drive

Postby TXHunter96 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 pm

We have a Honda recon, Honda rancher, a Kawasaki prairie, and a suzuki (forget the model though)
Deer, Ducks, Guns > School
TXHunter96
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Honda Rancher 350....it has a flat tire though :help:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Iowan hillbilly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Cool. Have you guys ever considered Yamahas?
Iowan hillbilly
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 pm

I've had 2 Rhinos, and now have a Grizzly 700. Yamahas are good machines
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Honda is my preferance, the one I drive at work has over 11,600 miles on it....... no problems other than the electric shift servo has went out twice.
I also have a 2008 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle and it has been trouble free for the 3200 miles I've put on it since I got it 3 monthes ago.

we have a 2004 kawsaki mule and 2004 bayou 250..... both have been to the dealership multiple times, and we've also had to work on them a lot. bayou has had 5th gear go out of the trans, dealership couldnt even fix it, reverse switch, oil pump, motor locked up in the first 4 monthes we had it, dealership put a new one in. the mule has broken the diff's spider gears, drive belt did just about everything but explode, a radiator cracked, cv shaft broke in the snow, always have to readjust the shift linkage, high gear only works about half the time, and the front springs must be upgraded if you add the cab like we did, and it still sags horrible. I will never own another Kawaski machine.

we also have a 2006 Arctic cat... its so-so. its had some chain problems, never keeps the correct tension, its blown a rear set of swing arm bearings. other dislike is its very narrow and sits high for a sport atv but it balances well and I can ride bicycles on it for over 1/2mi.

then... my old Yamaha PW80 dirt bike I rode when I was younger and its fairly trouble free minus the oil injection sucks on it so you might as well run mixed gas.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:19 pm

2500hdon37s wrote:Honda is my preferance, the one I drive at work has over 11,600 miles on it....... no problems other than the electric shift servo has went out twice.
I also have a 2008 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle and it has been trouble free for the 3200 miles I've put on it since I got it 3 monthes ago.

we have a 2004 kawsaki mule and 2004 bayou 250..... both have been to the dealership multiple times, and we've also had to work on them a lot. bayou has had 5th gear go out of the trans, dealership couldnt even fix it, reverse switch, oil pump, motor locked up in the first 4 monthes we had it, dealership put a new one in. the mule has broken the diff's spider gears, drive belt did just about everything but explode, a radiator cracked, cv shaft broke in the snow, always have to readjust the shift linkage, high gear only works about half the time, and the front springs must be upgraded if you add the cab like we did, and it still sags horrible. I will never own another Kawaski machine.

we also have a 2006 Arctic cat... its so-so. its had some chain problems, never keeps the correct tension, its blown a rear set of swing arm bearings. other dislike is its very narrow and sits high for a sport atv but it balances well and I can ride bicycles on it for over 1/2mi.

then... my old Yamaha PW80 dirt bike I rode when I was younger and its fairly trouble free minus the oil injection sucks on it so you might as well run mixed gas.
My atv's all have two boot drive. I get really good mileage but can't get them above 6 miles per hour or so. No chain problems and I never have to adjust linkages. Never had to take them to a dealership. High gear never works. Never had a cracked radiator but I did get a little wet when the lid on my thermos came loose.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:03 pm

As of now a 04 Polaris use to drive an artic cat but just traded for a boat.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Return to Youth