Canvasback.......In NEBRASKA?

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Canvasback.......In NEBRASKA?

Postby marshmanjr » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:37 pm

Yeah, so I knew canvasback passed through Nebraska, I've even seen them rest here in the spring but never have I seen one in fall. We were hunting Saturday, October 21, 2006 and my dad already had his limit and I had one bird to go for my limit and i saw a drake mallard land over about one hundred yards away and I wanted to hurry and get back to see the Huskers play so I went to jump shoot him. When I was about 30 yards away from where I saw him land I saw another duck blazing my way so I ducked down in some nearby cover. At first I thought it was just another mallard so when it got in range I pulled the old browning up and plugged it. When it fell I saw that it wasn't a mallard just some kind of diver. So when I got to it i realized it was a canvasback. Now it is in the freezer waiting to be shipped off to the taxidermist.
if at first you dont suceed ..... RELOAD!!!!!
marshmanjr
hunter

Postby leeman_07 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:15 pm

we shot our first canvasback over by sutherland this year too
a lee

Totals this year
ducks-135
doves-168
pheasants-26
Geese- 8
BANDS- 1
leeman_07
hunter

Postby illinoisduckboy15 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:05 am

i wish i had one of those, we dont shhot many divers on our ffarm but i was hunting with the guy who plants our corn and he shot a drake redhead i was so jealous
the crew= 17 ducks
illinoisduckboy15
hunter

Postby Youthhunter » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:44 am

Was in Ogallala deer hunting in late october, one of the ponds had about 10 redheads, which 7 or so were drakes. And one lonely mixed in Canvasback. could have jumped them and shot, but figured we would leave them so they start getting cozy in the pond for later :yes:
Youthhunter
hunter

Return to Youth