Argument

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Argument

Postby dist8229 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:52 pm

I was duck hunting by myself and I shot at a duck. No big deal right, WRONG!!! A man came up about 15 minutes later. "Whose that shooting"
I said im duck hunting he said no you aint get off my property. I said excuse me(bear in mind the property i am hunting has been in my family for 100 years.) any way he preceeds to argue with me over whose land it is using Mfers and Gds in a few places. well i finally got enough of it and told him to get off my property. he says hell no. now my occupation is a firefighter and i have a radio on my person that links me directy to the Richland Parish Sherriffs Department. Most of my friends dads are on the SO. Do the math. when i told him this he got real friendly real quick and was so apologetic. then he has the nerve to say my deer stand is on the corner up here and im going to shoot a deer in your corn pile. Ive got good news for him in the morning ive got a 454 Chevrolet big block with updraft headers pushing 167 decibels how about that at 6:00 every morning during deer season.
dist8229
hunter

Re: Argument

Postby Michigan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:25 pm

Post deleted. I messed up :laughing:
Last edited by Michigan on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michigan
hunter

Postby Michigan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 pm

You've got to be the one with the cool head in this situation. Get a copy of the plat map for your area and show him the property boundaries on the map. If that does not work, then get the land surveyed and show him the surveyors steaks. I would not advise revving your engine while the guy is deer hunting because if your state has hunter harassment laws, you will be the one dealing with a ticket and possibly the loss of hunting rights.
Michigan
hunter

Postby woodduckhunter » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:32 pm

michigan, not trying to be rude, but what were you trying to do.
woodduckhunter
hunter

Postby Michigan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:33 pm

trying to quote him oops.
Michigan
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:24 am

I agree with michigin, as hunters we take enough grief, wether it is deserved or not, so you should be the one showing tact and class, makes the anti's look like fools, not us
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

To Michigan

Postby dist8229 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:01 pm

If you knew the family this man came from you would understand. They are all know outlaws and give hunting a bad name. My problem is that i have a herd buck. 14 point 170 class buck that i keep alive because he has excelent genetics. im protecting him too. Back to the outlaw. last week he alone was caught by a game warden with 56 woodducks in a wildlife management area. they hunt out of season and have been caught spotlighting my property and others.

I dont understand i mean i like deer and duck meat as much as the next hunter but not enough to go to jail for or to b*^&h out a 17 year old.
dist8229
hunter

Postby Michigan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:11 pm

You still have to play it cool though. He may do all that stuff, but if you try and get revenge, you will most likely end up the one that is getting burned and make things worse. You could try and get the CO to set up surveillance on your property to catch these guys in the act.
Michigan
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:45 pm

michigan wrote:You could try and get the CO to set up surveillance on your property to catch these guys in the act.

good call... especially if he did have that many ducks on his person as you said he did, then he should have had his liscense revoked. plus in idaho there is a reward for turning in poachers, so im sure other states are like that too :thumbsup:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Beak Buster » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:37 pm

I don't know i think if you give him a foot he's going to take a mile. If it was me and he comes back out while your hunting I would pound him. Also don't spend money to prove to this idiot he's on the wrong land that's just crazy. I would let the cops know he has been harassing you while your hunting and let them know you don't feel safe that way if you do pound him it's on record.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:36 pm

Beak Buster wrote:I would let the cops know he has been harassing you while your hunting and let them know you don't feel safe that way if you do pound him it's on record.

Let law enforcement know of his activities. They can likely set up a watch or cameras. Pounding him into a pulp will only increase the chances he will try to harm you.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Michigan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:40 pm

If you pound the guy, you would probably end up with a set of wrist jewelery as an early christmas present.
Michigan
hunter

Postby Beak Buster » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Your right if you pound him you will probably end up in jail. It would make for a great christmas card to the family.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby dist8229 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:03 pm

First i didnt say any thing about pounding him, second, im 17 he is any where between 20 and 25 third and this is to michigan, you know how firefighters get when encroached upon. Still the fact of the matter is he is tresspassing and its wrong. I have consuluted with several family friends who are sheriffs officers and 2 game wardens who assure me that they will catch him and put him under the jail since his license has been revoked for the 56 or 57 wood ducks he killed.
dist8229
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:21 pm

We didn't mean to imply you did mention pounding him. I think the very situation would make many of us angry enough to do just that, but we must remain cool and collected if we are to positively represent our sport and lifestyle.
You are on the right track with what you are doing so keep it up. You are also quite lucky to have all that "law" on your side. The laws favor you... and your family and friends, well i'm pretty sure they do too.

plainly, do what you've been doing...because I think that you've been handling it well.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Beak Buster » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:47 pm

yes I never meant that you implied that you where going to pound him. I'm sorry.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Return to Youth