Duck Calling

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Duck Calling

Postby landon__odell23 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:38 pm

I'm not bad at duck calling, but not as good as i wanna be. I was just wondering if anyone my age had tips on how they got better at it. I'm 14 btw. Thanks

Oh also...got a new duck call for christmas. Needs to be tuned..how do you guys go about tuning a double reed?
landon__odell23
hunter

Duck Calling

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:02 am

I spent a lot of time sitting on the edge of a refuge after season or in the afternoons. I would listen for a while and call some....do it until they talk back to you and they can't even tell a difference. ;)

Ducks will always create the best callers out there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Re: Duck Calling

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Nelliboy2 wrote:I spent a lot of time sitting on the edge of a refuge after season or in the afternoons. I would listen for a while and call some....do it until they talk back to you and they can't even tell a difference. ;)

Ducks will always create the best callers out there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back in the day when I was learning to call, in the spring time Id take a few decoys along on my fishing trips, while waiting for the fish to bite, Id practice trying to call them into the decoys, turns out it was really easy to do ,those males had one thing in mind, kind of like turkeys trying to mount decoys LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Return to Youth