Doves

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Doves

Postby spooniespiller14 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:01 pm

Come on guys Im the first to post howd yall do I shot 8 my dad got 5 and my bro got 7 we really made the best of it it was pretty slow but I was on my game and today we went out to a close crappy spot that the storm came through I got one at about 55 yards one bb through the heart I meant to do that :devil:
spooniespiller14
hunter

Postby callkid » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:31 am

I had a slow day to, I shot 7 birds and about 6 crows it was a slow day and I was not shooting to good either. I didn’t have any nice trick shots to brag about either. That storm made it kind of tuff to hunt in. I was just happy to be hunting even if the hunting wasn’t so good.
God bless our troops and USMC scout sniper units. Go get em guys.
callkid
hunter

Postby spooniespiller14 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:22 pm

Our you from ca and if you are where did you go out from.
spooniespiller14
hunter

Postby callkid » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:09 pm

I’m from NC and I was hunting in caswell which typically has a lot of dove and when I scouted my field the night before I counted about 50 to 60 doves on the power line and as soon as that storm rolled in that night they all up and left so it was kind of a slow day.
God bless our troops and USMC scout sniper units. Go get em guys.
callkid
hunter

Postby duckaholic6 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:05 pm

i went out on saturday mornin and shoot four.... i went out later that day and finished of my limit.. i went out again on sunday afternoon i got my limit in two hours but i went through like two boxes of shells...
duckaholic6
hunter

Postby Forstner » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:29 pm

..im guessing you guys sit?..i jump shoot!! deer hunting is for sitting i thinK! and duck!! lol...i like walking fence lines, pine tree groves, reg. groves! cow pastures...places where i see alot!..to me its more fun! u gotta be fast and shoot quick cuz there gone before u know it! its a good challenge! and gets me ready for duck actually!!..u respond quicker!...i normaly come home with 2 within 20 min atleast when i dont try hard! sometimes u get maybe 5 in 20 min and if i go hard for a couple hours ill limit out!
Forstner
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:23 pm

I live in good lo Maryland and i limited out on the first within an hour. The only trick shot i got was that i wasnt paying attention and one came straight at me, so i shot from my chair and missed the first and the dove went over my head, so i leaned the chair back and shot and killed the dove, but the chair and i kept going backwards. :lol: the pain was worth it cuz two of my buds saw it and were laughin so hard they missed enough doves for me to kill and limit out
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby lilduckslayer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:09 am

well we went out and had a good hunt for two days we got 81 doves and three of them were bandedjavascript:emoticon(':thumbsup:')
thumbs up saturday was a great day and we all almost got our limit and sunday was a slow day cause they all have been shot at already so they know where not to go to so overall it was a good hunt and we really got into them.
lilduckslayer
hunter

Postby Rdneckhnter09 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:54 pm

hey CALLKID, im from stanley(not stanly county) its west of charlotte by about 15-20 mi. i haven't gone dove hunt'n any this yr. do a lot of crow hunt'n though. :thumbsup:
Travis Brown, Stanley NC

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
Rdneckhnter09
account suspended for advertising/promo

Location: sit'n on a creek bank underneath a shade tree MONTANA

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:13 pm

This is late but late is better than never. On the OK opener limited out in 15-30 min. It was a great hunt, the most doves I have ever seen in 1 place. That was on private land. The next day went to public land but there was nothing there.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Return to Youth