favorite duck to shoot?

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Re: favorite duck to shoot?

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 pm

waterswatter1 wrote:Why would I shoot the more expensive stuff if the cheap stuff works?

The cheap stuff works better because its lead. Lead is a lot denser than steel and therefore carries a lot more kinetic energy so you get longer shots and more punch. The downside to it is its toxic if its ingested so thats why the Federal government made it illegal for waterfowl hunting in the U.S. People dont buy the expensive stuff because it works better its because you have to to be legal. I think the fine here in Michigan is $100 (dont quote me on that) a shot for lead if you have it on you when your waterfowl hunting. So if you live in the U.S. i highly recoment swithching to steel for next season if you dont wanna shell out a grand or two to the DNR.
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby River Ramblin' Man » Wed May 23, 2012 10:17 pm

waterswatter1 wrote:Why would I shoot the more expensive stuff if the cheap stuff works?

Please be a troll. Please be a troll. Please be a troll.

You can't be serious. The "expensive" stuff would be steel, the "cheap" stuff would be lead. And like nuff said, lead is illegal for hunting waterfowl. I seriously wish that a gw would have checked you while you were packing all your "cheap" stuff. I honestly don't even know what to say to this.

START BUYING THE "EXPENSIVE" STUFF!
sampsonhuntin wrote:Are you now on his knob like you were WTN10's before he internet choke slammed you?
River Ramblin' Man
hunter

Postby luie b » Thu May 24, 2012 10:05 am

hunting woodies with my 870 wingmaster 12 gauge. i shoot the "cheap stuff" through mine but it's not lead, i believe they're winchester hi-velocitiy steel in 2s or BB. this year i'm gonna buy a wood duck call and a few woodie decoys and start decoying them because the only place i have to hunt usually is a 3 acre pond back in the woods that has a huge potential to be a woodie killing hole!!
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 14
luie b
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Fri May 25, 2012 11:17 am

Geese. Nothing like the lud of a goose hitting the ground. :thumbsup:
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby wooduckhunter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 pm

i like to kill wood ducks :yes:
wooduckhunter
Newb

Previous

Return to Youth