Favorite Enjoyment

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Favorite Enjoyment

Postby Duck Crazy » Wed May 11, 2005 7:31 pm

What is your favorite thing to do in duck hunting. What really exictes you?

For me it's when the sun hasnt even really peaked yet and in the dimness you hear that, "SWOOSH, SWOOSH, SWOOSH" of wings. that just gets me going.

That or i really love calling. I dont know ive just always enjoyed the art of duck calling.
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Thu May 12, 2005 6:24 pm

My favorite goose hunting thing is when you're calling and flagging and the geese make a huge turn and come right to you. Can't beat that. :thumbsup:

Joe
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Fri May 13, 2005 12:57 pm

My favorite is when your hunting geese and you here them honking along ways off, then they come in a perfectly straight line right to your decoys :mrgreen: Or when that drake greenhead comes straight in, you throw up, shoot once, and he just folds up and lands in the water :eek:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby take EM' close » Mon May 16, 2005 4:42 pm

I'm gonna have to say when it's just you and your gun laying out in the field with the sweet smell of corn all around you....you hear honks way off and start your hail call...there they are but they're flying diagnolly away....you call harder and flag more intensly and them damn things turn.....you wait patiently until they're setting their wings and putting their landing gear down.....you jump up and bang, 3 geese in the bag!!! :yes:

THAT OR....

Way off in the distance you hear the faint sounds of a big ol' gobbler......you walk up to the next ridge and cluck.....you hear him again but closer......you walk another 300 yards up and down steep hills and cluck......GGGGGOOOOBBBBLLLLEEEEEE, right next to you......you hit the ground faster than lightning....30 seconds later there he is all puffed up and closing in.....at 30 yards you click your gun on a fire and see his eyes get bigger.....after a few excited clucks he unpuffs and BANG!!!!! Gravy! :yes:
No other site like honkers floating into you're decoys!
take EM' close
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Mon May 16, 2005 4:45 pm

My favorite is when the ducks are just starting to come in and you can here them whisteling and quacking. The time when you can't really tell what is what.
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon May 16, 2005 6:37 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby labman45 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:49 pm

I love 2 call setup up dekes and shoot lol.
labman45
hunter

reckon

Postby Ducks » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:10 pm

the smell of the ,monings love the luster of the ducks decending, the smile of a friends face. the look and attention of your labs face! need I GO ON?
Arkansas is the Natural state!
Pick up your shells!
Ducks
Banned

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:05 am

I love bein out there w/ my dog 'Cedes.........WAIT, I uhhh mean w/ my dad...... :salude:

I also love the feeling of accomplishments when you call in some shy birds.

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby DuffMaN » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:35 pm

I like falling asleep while waiting for the ducks to come to me so I can shoot them. ARN will know what I'm talking about! :oops:
"I hope I don't have any drugs in the ashtray..."
-Drummond Taylor
DuffMaN
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:05 pm

I like setin up decoys in the dark and why you are setin them up you can hear teh ducks quackin in the dark
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:16 pm

mine is when im laying in my blind(avery finisher) calling in those mallards and there circling so low all u here is woosh, and u look up and see hundreds of mallards over u.
Just making my way the only way i know how!
duckbuster
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:19 pm

DuffMaN wrote:I like falling asleep while waiting for the ducks to come to me so I can shoot them. ARN will know what I'm talking about! :oops:

This little booger fell asleep our first duck hunt......... and they came right over top him!!!

All well, those are the times we're always gunna remember! :salude:

(If you were awake to remember :hammering:)
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:00 pm

lmao ARN bieng with ur dog cough cough dad. Duffman awsome avitar LZ is awsome! I also like when the wind is blowing hard and the ducks are trying to land in a pot hole but stay gliding and fighting against the wind for like 30 seconds and pow!
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby QuackWacker08 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:37 pm

My favorite part is the anticipation before shootin time when you hear what sounds like planes flying right of your blind. Thats the coolest!!
QuackWacker08
hunter

Re: Favorite Enjoyment

Postby chance hunter » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:49 pm

Duck Crazy wrote:Wha

For me it's when the sun hasnt even really peaked yet and in the dimness you hear that, "SWOOSH, SWOOSH, SWOOSH" of wings. that just gets me going.

That or i really love calling. I dont know ive just always enjoyed the art of duck calling.
chance hunter
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:53 am

It'd have to be setting out decoys and hearing ducks quackin and whistling out in the marsh. And when I blow a pintail call the pintails call back.

One year I called at a pintail for 20 min before shootin time. When the time came we had 4 pintail in our spread just a whistiling away. Needless to say, both of the drakes fell dead with a mighty roar from our guns.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckindude » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:02 pm

Well, for me it would have to be at DNR managed areas when its dark in the morning you hear all of the ducks quacking like crazy and the geese honking, that was a special moment last year and we only got one out of the hundreds we heard!! :thumbsdown:
--Tell em u can learn more in one day out in the field then they can teach u in a month at school-- the best and most true quote of all
duckindude
hunter

Postby waterfowlwacker123 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:12 am

my favorite thing in duck hunting is ya know duck hunting.calling in the ducks and droppin em. i dont go to see the sun rise and miss all the ducks. :eek: yaeaaah.
waterfowlwacker123
hunter

Postby Missouri_Quacker » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:21 pm

I love just being able to hunt. I think I could be in a big city pond but as long as I'm looking for ducks and with my dad, I'm alright. Killing ducks is just a bonus.
You call it hunting... I call it grocery shopping.
Missouri_Quacker
hunter

Postby T-MAN » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:23 pm

I like launchin the boat and slidin in to the spot, then settin the deeks out in the complete black. Then in the evnin, comin in and pullin the boat, then another hunter asks"any?", then you hold up that lanyard that fells like 100 lbs!! :yes:

Tyler,
T-MAN
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:07 pm

i like geting the dekes out and hearing quacks off in the distance and getting a big whiff of the lake water early in the mornin'. then about 30-45 min later i love seeing the sun come up and watch a few reddish/orangish clouds show up. thats what makes part of duck huntin special.
chevyZ71
hunter

Return to Youth