most memorable hunt

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

most memorable hunt

Postby fowler4life » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:08 pm

lets here what you guys got.
pics welcome if you got any
fowler4life
hunter

memorible dog and hunt

Postby remingtonmaster16 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:25 pm

ok it was 2 years ago when i got my new dog chance. he was a p bred golden retreiver. anyways i brought him out on his first hunt i was sittin in my duck blind with a massive mallard lay out and trust me the site...it was a beautiful site. it was getting dark so i started callin like mad and i hear mallards off in the distance so i get ready. im callin for bout 5 min and they come in not kiddin i suppose it was a bigger flock of like 50 and all i did was pull up shot 2 times got 5 ducks all big drakes and that damn dog for the life of me flew into the swamp and he came back with all 5 ducks in his mouth and i was so proud of him. a week later i was huntng with a group of older guys from a local area town. anyways we had woodies comin in and i pulled up and shot 2 of em and chance went out there and all of a sudden i hear boom booom boom and i see in slow motion my dog die in front of my eyes i started cryin when they say men dont cry b.s. its sad when a 16 year old boy looses his first duck hunting dog and i know i blew up and i went over to the guy that shot slammed his gun aginst the ground broke the butt of and threw the rest in the swamp the guy got mad and started coin after me and the other guys grabbed him and worked him over a lil my uncles were involved in the assult of that guy. so i took my canoe and i went out to get my dog and i tell u what guys i cryed so hard for days when i saw that dog he died so horrible
Chance: my friend my loyal companion a dog ill never forget
remingtonmaster16
Banned

Postby don taylor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:40 pm

Wow buddy, couldn't imagine losing any of my dogs to a irresponsible hunter. I've assaulted guys for a lot less than that. You should have done everything you could do legally to that idiot. I'm never one to seek revenge, but remember, what comes around goes around.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 pm

if that happened to me the guy wouldn't have walked away.

i have several memorable hunts, many of good days and several where i thought i would lose my own life.
i remember taking my first pheasant, i knew a bird was in the brush so i laid my gun down and prayed to God to give me a clean kill. i grabbed the gun, the bird flushed and i killed him in one shot, he crumped, fell, hit a tree limb, flipped, hit another tree limb, reversed the first flip, and landed on the ice. my father was so proud of me.

i was turkey hunting last year and found fresh cougar track, less than a half hour old. my dad and i kept walking toward this batch of trees, all of a sudden i hear the cougar growling from the tree above me, my dad jumps back, i pull the bead up waiting for the cat to try and take me, i turned out to be the wind pushing one fallen tree on another and the friction was making the exact sound of a cougar, never seen it before in my life. if that ever happens again and it is actually a cat or grizz, the animal will have to take me down fighting.

this past season i was duck hunting with my friends, there were 4 of us and we had had a good day, we had beat the odds and called in many nice ducks that weren't looking at our spread. we were getting ready to call it a day so we were standing around, camo had come off for the most part so we weren't hidden and we are in the open next to this pond. well i hear a rooster in the brush not 40 yards away, next thing i see is the rooster busting straight at me and a gun being leveled directly at my face. i yell for everyone to get down and cover my face with my arm andbam! next thing i feel is the smash of pellets hitting my chest. that pheasant hunter instantly knew that he was in trouble. everyone in our group took lead that day, i didn't catch any to the head thank God, and everyone was ok. but man i about knocked that guy on his ass, i severely thought about popping a few his way. i suffered a few bruises but was fine. when i saw that barrel i thought my time was up, 17 years and i was being called home. remember to live every day as if it's your last.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 pm

man you guys, i consider myself lucky as hell to not have experienced what you fellas have had to go through. Hopefully these can serve as a lesson for many more people, it's a crying shame that some people do not adequately represent an ethical/responsible approach to hunting and put us in danger.

God bless you all for keeping with it after all you've been through!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:34 pm

thanks ryan. when you've had something like that happen to you you become thankful for the little things in life. i damn near break down ballin when i see a beautiful sunrise now, you never know how many more you have.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

sad story

Postby remingtonmaster16 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 am

When I got done duck hunting that day after got done talking to cops. i went home and i laid my gun down on my bed and went to my truck and grabbed my dogs favroite blanket. then i go to the dog and i lift him up and i broke down. i couldnt handle it and they say men dont cry b.s. anyways i laid him on that blanket and put my ducks that morning with him alonr with my gun and i went inside for a few min. well after what seemed like a eternity i called my dad and asked him to pick up some lumber he asked why i told him the whole story. he was choked up as i was. so bout 2 hours later i laid my dog in the ground by where he got spraid by his frist skunk witch was near my duck blind by the weeping willow. as i write this story im cryin right now or close to it i got a knot in my throat.
Chance: my friend my loyal companion a dog ill never forget
remingtonmaster16
Banned

Postby duckbuster17 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:41 pm

that sucks about your dog
duckbuster17
hunter

Postby jolejnik4bmx » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:05 am

2007 youth day i took my younger brother out to the river. we didnt see much then all of a sudden we heard swoosh we look to our right theres a drake and two hen mallards in the water so my brother walks over slowly and creeps up about 50 yards. then takes a shot at the drake he gets it. i run out because i had the waders on and i pick it up and i see a band i almost crapped myself! my little 12yr old brother got a band on his first duck, amazing so we went home showed my dad he was telling my brother stories about his banded geese he shot back in the 70's and how he once shot a neck collar and he took it off the goose and threw it away in the river he thought he was going to get in trouble for it because report band was not really known around the time i guess so yeah he shot alot of bands and neck collars i should find a leg band and send it in to see if its the oldest goose ever shot.
jolejnik4bmx
hunter

Postby firebird » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:00 pm

I've had lots of really memorable hunts in 36 years but heres some highlights. Hunted once with a guide and we knocked down a bunch of greenheads. I had picked one drake up and was admiring it when the guides chessie decided that bird was not mine and attacked me. The guide shot and killed his own dog while I stood there wondering if my thumb(the one I shoved down his throat) would need stitches(25). I've owned chessies ever since. The guide explained later it was about the 3rd time it happened. This past opener I took my wife (something good to look forward to!) and my newest dog. In the middle of a snowstorm I set dekes and by opening time we already had flocks of wigeons landing in. The first group I opened on had probably 50+ birds and of course I missed with all 3 shots. Went on to shoot really well and killed 7 wigeon within 30 minutes. It was great to have my wife there and have action so fast she didn't get bored and the young dog did real well too...
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby mallardmaniac08 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:05 pm

man remington.. that sucks man i couldn't imagine what i would do if that had happened to my dog if i got a hold of that guy id make him suck the barrell of my shotgun and make him feel what steel shot to the head feels like
If it flies it dies.. if it swims it dies too..

"Ducks aren't hard to hit... There just easy to miss."

2008-2009

Dove total: 36

Duck total:0
mallardmaniac08
hunter

Return to Youth