Have you guys been bashed?

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Have you guys been bashed?

Postby mashin_da_ducks » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:21 pm

If you have been bashed I would like you boys to speak up. I have been bashed because im only 14. I do a lot of hunting. I just want to see your guys ideas in how we should try and fix this.
Give a kid a duck and he will be happy for an hour, teach him to hunt and he will be hooked for life!
User avatar
mashin_da_ducks
hunter
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 pm
Location: Highland, Illinois


Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:50 pm

As for personal bashing, it is not allowed. What can be done? let a moderator know. I know that's not always the quickest way to get it solved, but they will do thier part to correct the situation.

We aim to keep an environment that is friendly for all who wish to visit DHC, personal bashing does not help our cause. Again, I urge you, if you have a problem with an individual, if you are recieving a personal bashing it is best not to let is spiral out of control and get the both of you in hot water. We do our best to watch all threads for bashing but we're human and can't always catch it right away.

Hope that helps.
-Ryan
Image
User avatar
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: Minnesota

Postby Foilesmigrator92 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 pm

Im 15 and aint been bashed just cant be cocky and say facts you know aint true.
User avatar
Foilesmigrator92
hunter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Illinois

Postby Wismer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:34 am

well said landon i'm 17 and alot of kids on here are talking like they have more experience than every one else here combined, share your tips as long as you know for a fact they are true, and more importantly listen to what these other guys have to say. There is alot of good info on here... nothing will piss these guys off quicker than a "little kid" that knows it all and thinks hes the best hunter out there

most of the bashing i have seen people have brought it on themselves...

with the dwindling numbers of hunters, and the increasing numbers of PETA types, we need to be sticking together for our hunting rights, instead of taking up a stand against one another
Take 'er easy

Craig
Wismer
hunter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:07 am
Location: Ontario

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:22 am

Wismer wrote:well said landon i'm 17 and alot of kids on here are talking like they have more experience than every one else here combined, share your tips as long as you know for a fact they are true, and more importantly listen to what these other guys have to say. There is alot of good info on here... nothing will piss these guys off quicker than a "little kid" that knows it all and thinks hes the best hunter out there

most of the bashing i have seen people have brought it on themselves...

with the dwindling numbers of hunters, and the increasing numbers of PETA types, we need to be sticking together for our hunting rights, instead of taking up a stand against one another


Very true, good post. There is nothing more us older guy's like than to see you younger guy's getting involved, dont b afraid to ask questions, we are here to help, and we want you to succeed, And like TBC said, if you have any problems with other members, let us know right away, this is a great site and we dont want to loose members because they feel intimidated.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
User avatar
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:08 pm
Location: New Jersey...where the weak are killed and eaten

Postby goosecalln13 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm

well that is true wisemer but not meaning to be cocky but i am only 13 turning 14 in a month woo but anyways like i said i am only 13 and i know more about waterfowling than most people in this area or maybe even in this state but i am not saying i am the one with the most experience and all of that but some of the youth know probably alot more then some of the older guys but not all
Last edited by goosecalln13 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
at 14 calling um in and taking bands 1 by 1
User avatar
goosecalln13
hunter
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 pm

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 pm

No, you may want to watch what your saying, sure your good, but at 13, you honestly cant be THAT good, I'm 15 and think I'm good, but when the elders start talking I shut up because they have SOOO much more experience than me, I maybe can share one or two good stories, with info, they can share 50+ stories with info...


who would know more about waterfowling?
A 50 yr old, or a 13 year old?

Where do you live, I would love to be considered a top waterfowler in my area :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

best of luck to ya
User avatar
DuckSlyer16
hunter
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Over there

Postby goosecalln13 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 pm

SD
at 14 calling um in and taking bands 1 by 1
User avatar
goosecalln13
hunter
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:48 pm

Postby Skyblaster7 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 pm

I'm 24 and still know nothing compared to the old timers, and I like to think I know quite a bit. Those guys have seen more wings locked, more birds flare, and more birds die then you think. I think a lot of hardcore waterfowlers irregardless of age know a lot of information on how ducks and geese live and how to use that to their advantage in the fall and winter, but being out in the field witnessing the ever changing birds is hard to beat.
Last edited by Skyblaster7 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Skyblaster7
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:22 am

Postby Skyblaster7 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm

goosecalln13 wrote:but anyways like i said i am only 13 and i know more about waterfowling than most people in this area or maybe even in this state


ummmmmm :huh:
User avatar
Skyblaster7
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:22 am

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Ya, they just have more hunts under their belt,

And...
South Dakota?
no way you have more knowledge than ppl there...
User avatar
DuckSlyer16
hunter
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Over there

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:08 pm

goosecalln13 wrote:well i am only 13 and i know more about waterfowling than most people in this area or maybe even in this state


And you wonder why you get bashed. :no:


goosecalln13 wrote: but i am not saying i am the one with the most experience and all of that but some of the youth know probably alot more then some of the older guys but not all


no.



here's something i think you should take into account. If you're under 25 then you know diddley squat about everything.

example: I am 18 and I have been flyfishing since i was 7. my dad has taught me everything i know about flyfishing and i have 11 years of expertise under my belt. i can outfish and outcast everyone i've ever fished with, but when i fish with my dad (58 this year) he puts my expertise to shame.

you can't begin to think you know more than someone with experience that only comes with age.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Postby commited » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Skyblaster7 wrote:
goosecalln13 wrote:but anyways like i said i am only 13 and i know more about waterfowling than most people in this area or maybe even in this state


ummmmmm :huh:



:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


IM 15 and been in the blind since birth....got my licence at 7, and honestly hunt every given day im afforded, with school just stuck right smack in the middle. :no:

Waterfowl hunting is my life, with a 8 and a 10 pointer mixxed in on the off season.


I know alot, but nothing compaired to some of these boys on this site.......for example... Ned S, who seems to know a little too much about everything. :tongue:
"a green head a day, keeps the gamewarden away"


Guns dont kill people, religions do...
User avatar
commited
hunter
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:34 pm
Location: Eastern Shore MD

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:52 pm

commited wrote:I know alot, but nothing compaired to some of these boys on this site.......for example... Ned S, who seems to know a little too much about everything. :tongue:



bwahahahahhahahaaaa. And that is coming from a guy with grey hair! Thnaks guys, I neded that laugh tonight.

I think a couple of you did hit on it to a degree. It is about respect. It goes both ways. You do not like it when the adults are not respecting you, and they do not like it if you disrespect them.

Here is a tip, if you listen to the older hunters, often you will find that they will open up more and can learn from them, and they from you too.

Just remember I was once 14 too, and I thought I knew a lot. Heck here it is 35 years later and I still do not know 1/2 of what I thought I did at age 14. :rofl: The more that you know, the more you realize how much you don't know has been my expereince.

Good luck guys and get out doing some clay target practicing and having some fun before the season starts, as I need to do that too. :yes:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
User avatar
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:58 am
Location: "Buzz" at 8 months . Land of 10K polluted lakes

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:54 am

idahofowler wrote:
goosecalln13 wrote:well i am only 13 and i know more about waterfowling than most people in this area or maybe even in this state


And you wonder why you get bashed. :no:


goosecalln13 wrote: but i am not saying i am the one with the most experience and all of that but some of the youth know probably alot more then some of the older guys but not all


no.



here's something i think you should take into account. If you're under 25 then you know diddley squat about everything.

example: I am 18 and I have been flyfishing since i was 7. my dad has taught me everything i know about flyfishing and i have 11 years of expertise under my belt. i can outfish and outcast everyone i've ever fished with, but when i fish with my dad (58 this year) he puts my expertise to shame.

you can't begin to think you know more than someone with experience that only comes with age.



Well said Idaho, i'm 51, been at it with my dad for 41 yrs, and same here, when i'm out with him, i keep my mouth shut, because if i dont, he does it for me, and usually shows me i was wrong....again
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
User avatar
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:08 pm
Location: New Jersey...where the weak are killed and eaten

Postby dx1187 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Skyblaster7 wrote:
goosecalln13 wrote:but anyways like i said i am only 13 and i know more about waterfowling than most people in this area or maybe even in this state


ummmmmm :huh:


....and they wonder why the bashing starts. :lol: :rofl: :thumbsdown:
User avatar
dx1187
hunter
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:50 am
Location: THE DUCK BLIND. LAKE FORK, TX

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:12 pm

you want to know why you've been bashed cause your tellin everyone that you know the most about waterfowl in SD and your only 13 not very smart :no:
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5535
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:10 pm

hey guys im 15 never been bashed dont plan to us youth should respect adults and take there suggestions my dad dont hunt waterfowl only deer but i do hunt waterfowl i had to learn how to 3 years ago my first season i only shot 2 mallards 5 geese and to snows it was rough but now me and my brother are knockin down limits more often than not

i would like to thank DHC members for support if it werent for you guys i dont know if id be hunting waterfowl today

respect your elders and theyll respect you and dont i repete dont ever screw nobody in the classifieds it gives youth a bad name
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
User avatar
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 am
Location: Nebraska

Postby carsonr2 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:20 am

Idaho,

I agree, I started fly-fishing about the same age, and twenty years later, I am still learning something new every time I go out. If I carried myself in a manner that said I know it all, I don't think I ever would have gotten any advice from my elders. Glad to know where I can turn for some info. when I finally make it to Idaho to fly-fish! :smile:
User avatar
carsonr2
hunter
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:30 am
Location: Manistee County Michigan

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:59 pm

hurry up, we'll go fish the O.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Postby englishsetter » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:51 pm

goosecalln13 wrote:well that is true wisemer but not meaning to be cocky but i am only 13 turning 14 in a month woo but anyways like i said i am only 13 and i know more about waterfowling than most people in this area or maybe even in this state but i am not saying i am the one with the most experience and all of that but some of the youth know probably alot more then some of the older guys but not all



not likely nothing makes up for experience im fifteen and love to duck hunt but i dont know crap compared to these guys i hope i do some day i mostly upland hunt with my setter but duck is awesome

"old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm"
----------what a good quote forget where i got it from though
English Setters
englishsetter
hunter
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:51 am

Postby shoot-n-goose » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:31 pm

goosecalln13, try posting that you are the best inSD in the SD Forum and you will find out what bashing really is
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
User avatar
shoot-n-goose
hunter
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Oakland County, Michigan

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:12 pm

shoot-n-goose wrote:goosecalln13, try posting that you are the best inSD in the SD Forum and you will find out what bashing really is


:lol:
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
User avatar
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 am
Location: Nebraska

Postby mallardmaniac08 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 pm

im 13 never been bashed im not the kind of kid who acts like a know-it-all and thinks there better cause im nothing compared to people who have been duck huntin for 30 years i know a little about shooting and calls but nothing compared to old timers
If it flies it dies.. if it swims it dies too..

"Ducks aren't hard to hit... There just easy to miss."

2008-2009

Dove total: 36


Duck total:0
mallardmaniac08
hunter
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Im about to turn 16 and im a decent duck hunter since i live in sc there are not many ducks but my dad has been taking me since i was 2 know lie. He would tie me to the stand since the harness would not fit. But my big deal is turkey hunting as i said im about to turn 16 but i dont play any sports just hunt and fish. Since the 5th grade ive killed 16 bucks all 8 points or better and 3 boone and crockets but for sc your doing good to get 2 eights in a year. But thats still not it believe it or not but ive killed 22 eastern turkeys all longbeards just hunting on the weekend by myself. I would have killed more but i work part time guiding turkey hunts for a guy that owns a smaller operation and im not lieing. :thumbsup:
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Next

Return to Youth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest