Duck Hunting Forum banner

what was your first duck

99K views 283 replies 258 participants last post by  CaliforniaGreenWings 
#1 ·
what was your first duck and what age were you when you got it :smile: :smile: :smile: :mrgreen: :getdown:

#4 ·
mine was a mallard drake.. I sky busted it. not knowing better I shot before my dad called it. I winged it and it sailed for about 300 yards. The dog took off and came back about 15 min later with it in her mouth. I
could never thank that dog enough for finding that duck. My dad scolded me about skybusting. Never done it since.

Mallyard

#8 ·
My first was a Green Wing teal. I didn't know that you could shoot all ducks, I thought you could only shoot just some species so I didn't shoot until they were almost by me. My dad didn't tell me to shoot so I was confused but it worked out....I could've got more but I waited to long :toofunny:

I think I was 10.

#18 ·
My first duck that I killed was a mallard. I was about two It was my pet duck I sat on its head in the bath-tub :(( I Miss Ducky-o

#23 ·
Twenty one years ago I jumped a single greenhead out of a ditch in the thickest cattails you ever saw. I went running over to find him and that 2 foot wide ditch was 5 feet deep and brethren I caught every inch of it. Took me about 20 minutes to find him. Even though I was freezing to death I had time to pose for a picture with me and my single shot 20 guage Harrington and Richardson shotgun and my first duck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.