What is your weirdest encounter while hunting?

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:02 pm

minnesotaman wrote:Me and my friends were pheasant hunting next to a pond when a rooster jumped up and flew towards the pond when I shot, it dropped in the rushes right next to the pond, My dog goes to get the pheasant and comes back with an alive hen mallard. I just grabbed it and it started flapping its wings and I dropped It started to fly away when me and my friend started shooting at it and we missed every shot. The dang thing got away!

Ouch, that had to hurt. but it begs the question: can he tell the difference between a hen mallard and a ringneck pheasant? ha ha, all joking aside...good story, but you won't miss next time will ya?
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:51 pm

last season i had an adult turkey bust up two feet from me while pheasant hunting, my drawers needed cleaning after that! i would have filled my tag too if i had had a controlled hunt permit for the area.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:41 pm

one time hunting off the marsh, a HUGE flock of teal come in to set ontop of our decoys. well all three of us shot but i was the only one that managed to pick one off. as soon as i shot i saw his wings fold and his neck bend back. he fell about 10 feet and then out of no where his wings opend up and he caught himsdelf fliping back over.all of us just stop and stared at that bird rise up and get back together with his flock... :huh:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:01 pm

he used his air brakes, that happens a lot, watch their head, if it doesn't fold, he ain't dead yet
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby wingshooter2009 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:18 am

thats whats so crazy about it! his head folded too! :lol:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby Rdneckhnter09 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:23 pm

turkey hunt'n in 2006, had my ghillie suit on in the blind, and a hen turkey came all the way up to the end of my gun barrel cluckin at me in the blind, if she'd took 1 more step forward into the blind i'd shot her, reguardless of what the Rabbit Cop says i can and can't do, i ain't goin home and tellin my buddies i got this black eye and cuts on my face from a turkey. :lol:
Travis Brown, Stanley NC

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
Rdneckhnter09
account suspended for advertising/promo

Location: sit'n on a creek bank underneath a shade tree MONTANA

goode

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:53 pm

a goose attack me once, wasnt funny at the time, but all my buddys were laughing, it chased me around and knocked decoys, then i went into the layout blind and it stood over me until sombody stopped laughing and took it out
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby duckhunter2222 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:45 pm

jump shot 2 black ducks and left them there to come back and get um when where done, came back and one had ben torn to peices by some kind of bird there was no tracks and its breast was pecked at
52 mallards
18 teal
2 canvasbacks
9 gadwall
22 crows
58 geese
2 wood ducks
11 pintail
18 ringnecks
duckhunter2222
hunter

Postby mallard molester » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 pm

I had a flock of starlings fly over me last weekend and I dropped 8 with one shot
mallard molester
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:43 pm

mallard molester wrote:I had a flock of starlings fly over me last weekend and I dropped 8 with one shot

You gonna eat those?
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby mallard molester » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:19 pm

heck no!
there rats with wings :lol:
mallard molester
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 pm

Well, a couple of years ago 4 of us were hunting divers on a coastal lake. We got a group of blue bills to come in and we dropped 3 of them. I was shooting a 12ga. 3 1/2" #3's, I see this scaup pull up with the others (clear breast shot), so I pull up on it and fire. I knocked it down out of the air and smacks the water. We all stand up and it flies away! They are so hard to kill sometimes!

Last year we were all goose hunting and we just shot some Canadas. We threw them behind the blind. About 15 minutes later I heard something moving around behind us and on of the geese that we 'thought' we killed was running away and trying to fly. It was so funny. :yes:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby MstWntd » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:29 pm

We were out goose hunting in a field this past year.
A flock of geese flew in and we downed 6 of them. We dragged them behind our blinds into the ditch (layout blinds) and we went back to hiding positions. A few flocks past, but they were too high. OK now, our blinds are about 1 1/2 feet apart form each other. This goose was walking between my blind and my dad's blind. It was pretty funny, we had thought we had killed them all for sure. Guess not! :rofl:
MstWntd
hunter

Postby quackaddict25 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:54 am

when we were in south dakota pheasant hunting, a deer ran over one of our drivers in the strip of corn....... he cut a flip and we all laughed our butts off
Quack Addict!!
quackaddict25
hunter

Postby Cupped & Committed » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:10 am

We were hunting last year about this time of year when something unexpected happened. It was a slow usual day and we werent payin much attention at the time when a nice woody came buzzin into the hole about five feet off the water comin straight into our faces. We didnt see it at first, but about the time it was fifteen feet aaway from the blind we pulled up to shoot at it but the it tried to rise up and fly away. That dumb old thing flew straight into the side of our blind and fell in the water. It was stunned for a few seconds but finally got up and we got a shot off on it.
Lord, Please Help Me Be The Man That My Dog Thinks I Am
Cupped & Committed
hunter

Postby dog » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:53 am

I don't know, lots of weird things have happened.

One was I had gotten a hen mallard. It kept moving so I checked for a pulse, shure enough its heart was beating. My day broke it's neak and I put it back down. I still remember exacatly were I set it down, the duck was never seen again.
I think it somehow was still alive and it ran off and swam into some toulies. :sad: :huh:

Also, I have had some weird shots were the ducks came flying right at one of my hunting buddies and hit him in the face and body. This has happened at least 6 times. :rofl:
If it flys, it dies
dog
hunter

Postby Foilesmigrator92 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:50 pm

Goose huntin a couple weeks ago we shot a single goose buddy ran out there rang its neck all that stuff well he had to of rang its neck a couple of times but not very good we sit it down and sometime between us callin at the next flock of geese and them comin in it got up and ran into the woods somewhere
Foilesmigrator92
hunter

Postby berettaguy17 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 pm

when i was in canada in september i watched a bald eagle grab a blue wing out of mid air

i got 2 geese in one shot in the air straight over my head

hit 3 ppl with geese this year

first two bands in one day

found a dead 8 pointer

geese in the woods
Why not shoot all 3 shots, they make more shells everyday.
berettaguy17
hunter

Postby firstblood » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 pm

i'm from Canada and some pretty crazy stuff happens here
i've had bald eagles swoop down and take my decoys one flew away with it and never came back and on a hunt in manitoba we had a polar bear walk through our goose spread. a bit to close for comfort but i dont know what it thought about the decoys jut smelled them and moved on. but best of all we had a moose come and stand in our spread in the middle of the marsh needless to say the ducks stoped coming.
firstblood
hunter

Previous

Return to Youth