Duck Hunting Forum banner

Any U Yutes Shoot A Mossberg ???

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ducksbeus 
#1 ·
Just bought a Super Bantam today for the wife and kid, due to the 12"LOP and the EZ Reach fore arm....came with only 1 choke, an x-full...not recommended for steel. What pellet size and choke do y'all use outa the 20 gauge for dux? Y'all have a nice day! :yes: :yes: :yes:

#8 ·
I had one but broke the stock on it last year. I don't know what kind it is but I did real well with a modified shootin #2 tryed #4 but I was wondin to many and not killin enough so I switched back to #2.

#9 ·
DH16 - How far out were your shots with the 4's? I had some trouble with Ducks at about 40yrds with 2's. I wounded a few and was not able to find them (and yes we looked all over) I stopped taking those and waited for closer shots. I got my share but would like to get a few more.

#10 ·
people actually shoot Mossbergs? I use either a modified or full choke and shoot 4's for ducks.

#12 ·
Dang steel goes right through dux...Doesnt smack em very hard, just puts a clean hole right though em. Dux are also all wing...suppose that leads to cripples as well...nothin gets hit but thier wings. We went with a Mossberg for my wife because:
1) Cheap
2) 12"LOP- No other company even offers a 12" Length Of Pull
3) Screw in chokes- IC-Mod- Full- Xtra Full
4) Adjustable stock- No other company offers that either
5) Camo'd
6) 10 year warrenty
7) Lightwieght
8) 20 Gauge
9) Interchangable barrels
10) Disposable
11) Fit her better than ANY other youth model on Bass Pro Shops racks
12) the 8 year old boy can grow into it
13) Paid for it with her own money
14) EZ reach fore arm...no other company offers that either

Keep in mind my wife is barely 5' and 110#'s

Y'all have a nice day :yes: :yes: :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.