Havent caught a duck yet....:(:(:(:(

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

what kind of duck do you usually catch?

Malard
77%
Wood duck
23%

Total votes : 30

Havent caught a duck yet....:(:(:(:(

Postby hunter_dan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:52 pm

Ive only been hunting one time for ducks but I kept on shooting at them but none of them went down. Do you know what the reason could be and could you give me some tips? :help:
hunter_dan
hunter

Postby hunter_dan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:56 pm

can someone please answer my question?
hunter_dan
hunter

Postby hunter_dan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:57 pm

and also...what does sky bust mean?
hunter_dan
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:18 pm

Sky busting is taking shots at birds that are beyond your means. i.e: birds out of effective range of a load. for some people this would include a 45 yard shot, for others it may not. Most everyone would agree that beyond 50 yards is probably skybusting. Shots such as these are generally more likely to cripple or maim than to kill a duck.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:58 pm

HDan just kep shootin' you will hit one eventually. remember to lead the bird and keep swinging you gun on the bird as you shoot. and you usually kill ducks not catch them.
kyfowler
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:30 pm

caught a duck? You must not go hunting very much
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby super_mag » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:38 pm

try to shoot lower and lead them way mre than you think you should.
Luke
super_mag
hunter

Postby coon_gitter » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:53 pm

I dont duck hunt but if i did i would kill them not catch them.
GIT-R-DONE
coon_gitter
Newb

Postby bushwacking » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:23 pm

u have to pretty lucky to caught them ive never done i usually kill or shoot them u need to modify the words u use
quack quack boom

bushwacking
bushwacking
hunter

Postby bushwacking » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:30 am

u do know what a band is right
quack quack boom

bushwacking
bushwacking
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:18 pm

Maybe some you guys should explain to Hunter Dan the terms and the lingo we use. He is new and wants to learn. You are not helping him out any by making fun of his use of the term "Catch". In fact, if I was him I would not come back. Is that what you want? Not cool.

I would not even be posting in here, other than I got a e-mail from some one that was having a log in problem asking me for help. Then he mentioned this topic and he was not impressed how some of you handled it. Please think about that in the future guys. We all have started somewhere and none of us knows everything. Do you want some one bustin your chops the next time you have a question?

I'm not talking to all of you by the way. Just think about it, that is all I am asking.

Hunting Dan, keep at it. You will get there soon enough. The only stupid question is the one never asked.
Snaph
hunter

Postby duckweed » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:19 pm

i actually have caught one. it was just this spring actually. i was wearing my camo bibs and jacket because they are warm and i was trout fishing when out of no where here comes this giant mallard from around a point and caught me right in the chest. he was fine but i couldn't breathe for a while.
BUY A GUN, PISS OFF A LIBERAL!
duckweed
hunter

Postby marshmanjr » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:32 pm

another thing you could do is be sure to keep your cheek down on the stock and be sure to keep both eyes open while aiming and never forget to lead. good luck next time
if at first you dont suceed ..... RELOAD!!!!!
marshmanjr
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:24 pm

Snaph wrote:Maybe some you guys should explain to Hunter Dan the terms and the lingo we use. He is new and wants to learn. You are not helping him out any by making fun of his use of the term "Catch". In fact, if I was him I would not come back. Is that what you want? Not cool.

I would not even be posting in here, other than I got a e-mail from some one that was having a log in problem asking me for help. Then he mentioned this topic and he was not impressed how some of you handled it. Please think about that in the future guys. We all have started somewhere and none of us knows everything. Do you want some one bustin your chops the next time you have a question?

I'm not talking to all of you by the way. Just think about it, that is all I am asking.

Hunting Dan, keep at it. You will get there soon enough. The only stupid question is the one never asked.

Snaph is right dan keep at it. Ok well first of all you are using steel shotgun sheels right? I would suggest for you 3 inch #4 shotgun shells. Dont take shots on birds out of 35 yards. Now when the duck flys buy dont just aim at it and shoot but swing through and right when you get in front of the duck shoot. It is important that you keep swinging or else your shot will fall behind sometimes i even forget to swing through. Good luck! :thumbsup:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby chevyZ71 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:52 pm

i hunt ducks, not catch them. down here in alabama we do it the right. its also illegal to catch ducks down here. i take it your not that great of a hunter.
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:55 am

Hey chevy i think you guys already scared the kid off so why dont you try your best to welcome other members to DHC not critisize them. For all you know the kid could be 5 years old. :thumbsdown:

(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby chevyZ71 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:38 am

my bad. it just seemed weird to me why he's talking about catching ducks.

its called duck hunting chat, not duck catching chat forum.

but yes, that was wrong of me.
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:52 pm

Hey its ok, i still do and use to do the same thing. I know what you mean though catching ducks?

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:45 pm

Hey Hunter Dan, you hang in there buddy, you'll get one, make sure you relax and take a breath when you are ready to shoot, and remember you have a little more time to aim then you realize. My son is 11 and he has had quite a few shots this season , but he finally got his 1st last sat, because he settled down and took his time, and it was a perfect shot, he folded her up like an accordian. It was a hen mallard, so just stay with it and your duck will come down, remember, breath , lead , and shoot. GOOD LUCK
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:07 pm

yeah, you'll get it. I had problems shooting them at first, then one day it all came together. and you could catch some if you got some bread. there is a park by us, and ive been with guys that catch geese and take their bands off.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:25 pm

KpHonknImRloadn wrote:yeah, you'll get it. I had problems shooting them at first, then one day it all came together. and you could catch some if you got some bread. there is a park by us, and ive been with guys that catch geese and take their bands off.

are you serious?

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:16 am

no im just kiddin, i just wanted the kid to feel better about saying catch ducks.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:24 am

super_mag wrote:try to shoot lower and lead them way mre than you think you should.

:thumbsup:
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:07 pm

KpHonknImRloadn wrote:no im just kiddin, i just wanted the kid to feel better about saying catch ducks.

Oh ok lol. Its alright though i think he got scared off.

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:54 pm

I would be suprised if I ever caught a duck, but you never know :tounge:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Next

Return to Youth