Havent caught a duck yet....:(:(:(:(

A place for young hunters to discuss topics of interest.

Moderator: captainkevan

what kind of duck do you usually catch?

Malard
77%
Wood duck
23%

Total votes : 30

Postby mmalino » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:08 am

i caught a coot last week, it put a smile on my face :laughing:
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby duckrookie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:39 pm

practice practice practice thats all it takes go skeet shooting or dove hunting it sharpins up ur skill this year is my first year to and after the first hunt i put everything on hold and hunted b4 skool and and didnt do my home work lol not a good decicion well better luck next time
duckrookie
hunter

Postby hunter_dan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:41 am

Hey Its Me...The kid you have been making fun of :( anyways when I said Catch I meant kill...shoot....what ever. When Hunting season comes around I'll definately take your Tips into consideration. I really like the one guy who talked about his 11 year old son and gave me those tips thanks a lot!!!
hunter_dan
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:35 am

Hunter Dan just dropped in to check and make sure things in here are OK and saw this free for all. First off welcome to the site and if you are looking for some help you are in the right place. May I suggest that you look/read through some of the topics in the other forums in here and as for the not being able to hit and kill/harvest ducks, well we all miss shots and we all had to learn. The most important thing to remember is to let the birds get as close as possible and then to swing your gun through the birds flight from behind to a point several feet(2-8 depending on distance, speed of bird, etc...) ahead of its beak and fire still moving the gun along the birds flight path. I hope this helps. Good luck and Good Hunting.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Duck Crazy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:12 pm

that was pretty crappy of you guys.....

HunterDan, If you've got any questions about anything, feel free to PM me
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:21 am

:withstupid:

PM me any time you want bud.
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby maddiedog » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:22 pm

HunterDan I have 2 things for you. The first thing is my dad is probably the best shot I have ever seen when it comes to pheasant, rabbit, grouse, and deer. I took him duck hunting and he almost went through a whole box of shells before he hit one. I couldn't hit them either because I was laughing so hard at him. It is pretty frustrating but keep at it and it will become second nature. The other thing is I was out fishing two years ago in the dark for walleye and I casted a countdown rapala. I was reeling it back in when I felt a bump. I set the hook and all crap broke loose! I snaged a mallard. So yes I caught one and it was a mallard. Anybody can shoot one but it takes real skills to catch one! I'm not making fun...just telling the story. Oh yeah fire tiger seemed to be the best color for them! :getdown:
maddiedog
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:58 pm

:withstupid: DAN, maddiedog is right, keep trying, but definently practice on some clays and dont forget to hold a decent leed, you would be suprised how much of a diffrence it makes. i have never seen them but they also make instructional video's for shooting flying animals, and those would help alot im sure. also try a duck call and a few decoys, if they dont land at least they will slow down. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Previous