C' mere Deer

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

C' mere Deer

Postby fowlhunter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 am

Is there any truth to this stuff or other products like it? I'm wanting to try it out, but don't want to waste my money. Also what do you all think of salt licks.
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Re: C' mere Deer

Postby andymac32 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:04 pm

I dont know much about c'mere deer or salt licks cuz in oregon you cant bait for deer. Ive seen the Jeff Foxworhty show and they were hunting white tails in texas. they'd go out the night before the hunt and spread c'mere deer crap right out in front of there stand then magically there was deer everywhere the next day.Dozens of deer an big bucks also. Seems like cheating to me-
just my take on it.
andymac32
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:30 pm

I agree with you. I've drug my feet on this kind of thing for along time. But everyone around me is doing it and in the last 3 years I've notice a big decrease in deer. I guess I'm tired of everyone around me getting nice bucks and me not seeing crap!
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby cnggack » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:56 pm

I've never tried comeredeer but for five or six years I've been using mineral to get deer trail pics I have my cameras out year round in sw Minnesota The deer do not use my mineral licks until April and use them daily after that but they quit using the licks about the second week of Sept every year. I get 500 pics a week then maybe 2or 3 every couple days after that. A week later our bow season starts and in Minnesota mineral is not considered baiting but it does not bring in the deer anyway .I move all my cams to scrapes or mock scrapes set up with deer lure and human urine and licking branch lure to get fall pics. Just another form of baiting only it works better that time of year than bait or mineral.
cnggack
hunter

Postby fallnl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:51 am

It's illegal out here in NH....So...I get to suffer in silence...Surrounded by the thousands of a-holes that choke the woods around here every deer season...I've decided to stick with the winged critters, and the occasional bear, when I win the draw...:sad:
If it flies...It might not die, but by God it will get a damned good dodging workout!!!

2009 TOTALS:
Mallard: 5

Team Quackers for Quackers...(the lowly probie)
fallnl
hunter

Postby mcflye » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 pm

try buck jam thats what i use and it works really good i poor it over my corn and the deer eat it all in like two day then they still tear the ground up tryin to get what buck jam soaked into the ground
mcflye
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:50 am

I've never used C'mere deer, but I have used Buck Jam and the deer here tore up the apple and acorn Buck Jam. A week after I put it out ther was a 6" hole where I put the stuff down. I never got to hunt it though... that's what I get for working in a sporting goods store. Anywho, I've tried Deer Cane too and didn't get much of a result out of it.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:49 am

fowlhunter wrote:Is there any truth to this stuff or other products like it? I'm wanting to try it out, but don't want to waste my money. Also what do you all think of salt licks.

I know the guy that makes this stuff personally. He is from Louisiana. It works!! Take it from me... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby gkbatts » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:15 pm

All C' mere deer contains is mainly rice bran. It also has a lil bit of soy bean meal and other minerals and stuff. You can go to a feed store and buy 50 lbs of rice bran ( the main ingredient in cmere deer). And it will only set you back about 6 bucks for 50 lbs. It works jus as good and is way cheaper i usually will jus dump 25lbs on the ground bc if you dump too much of it out and it gets rained on it will turn into a mess and start molding and stinking but if you have enough deer activity then you can dump it all out they eat it up really fast.
gkbatts
Newb

Postby gkbatts » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:22 pm

And as far as salt licks they do work very well but they usually take about a year to really get going good. Start out with 100 lbs of salt and dump it on top of an old rotten stump preferrably if no stump is present then jus clear back the ground for a 3 ft radius. There is a product called block topper and it is 2 different jugs in a cardboard box. One jug is powder and the other is like a molasses liquid. Pour the white powder on top of the salt and then pour the liquid on that and it will have a chemical reaction and foam up really big and go everywhere. Deer go crazy over this stuff but it does take a while to work so bout 6 months later come back with 100 more lbs of salt and another dose of block topper. Do that and you have produced a salt lick that deer will visit all year long. iv used this method many times and the deer will literally eat a whole in the ground the size of a truck hood.
gkbatts
Newb

Postby sixXgun » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:31 pm

I'de say if you have the resources just plant some good food plots.
I have thrown around the idea of keeping a feeder filled with corn...or whatever all year but I saw a decrease in daytime activity when I fed the deer. I usually fill my feeder for a month or so then let it run dry and throw out apples. I mainly just want to bring the deer through the area. I think if they know theres gonna be food in the feeder why come out during shooting ours when they can just come out after dark....IMO it just eventually makes the deer lazy if they know there is always gonna be food for them.

I have put out salt licks and they do well. I wouldnt neccessarily say they have deer visiting them consistantly but they deff. wont hurt you.

My buddy just got a sponsor through c' mere deer and they are sending him some product so we will see what it does.

I would say food plot and make the deer have to work for the food a little.
sixXgun
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:05 am

I agree with gkbatts. I use the diamond crystal softener salt on an old stump. I have four of them I've worked for years. They are now 3 foot deep holes in the ground with pieces of white roots showing. I've killed many deer, but could never keep the coons out of c'mere deer when I've tried it. Good luck.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Return to Big Game