Duck Hunting Forum banner

hunting bears and hogs

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GroundSwatter 
#1 ·
been thinking about doing some bear hunting this year for the first time in my life. if i do i'll be still hunting in the southeastern part of nc. wondering what size grain of bullet i would need and if anyone had any tips they could recommend. also i have land in anson county nc that the owner lets me duck hunt and told me i could hog hunt it this year once again never done that but sounds fun anyone have any tips will be still hunting them also. thanks

#2 ·
First, Never been bear hunting.

Second, Hog hunting can be fun. Whats great is that most states want to get rid of them so badly, all bets are off, i.e. you can bait them, hunt at night, etc (check your local regs).

If you use a rifle, just use what you would normally use for deer and you should be fine. If you go before/after a duck hunt, we also use buck shot on them, 4bk or 00 should work fine.

My uncle in Texas likes to stalk them at night. He'll put on a red head lamp, then sneak up on them and shoot them with a bow. I'm not that brave, I've just seen too many groups of hogs get worked up after you killed their friend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.