Duck Hunting Forum banner

My first big buck

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Bill Herian 
#1 ·
Last night I finally sealled the deal on my first big buck. I was actually debating crawling out of my tree stand when this bad boy came strutting down the river. I think I'm hooked on this early season game!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! That is what a guy told me last night. I didn't realize he was that big! I figured 150 maybe. I never really paid attention to measurements before. I guess I should get it measured just to kill my curiosity.

#7 ·
Thanks guys! Curiosity got the better of me. I got on boone and crockett website, and with their calculator after deductions it was 165 5/8. Who knows if that is right. Either way I'm still stoked I got him. After 12 years of deer hunting I'ld given up hope on a monster. I'll probably never top him, but that's ok too. Thanks again for all the complements!!! :thumbsup:

#16 ·
Don't think for a second you'll never top him. My uncle just arrowed a 183 in Augusta a couple weeks ago. Everytime I get in the deer debate I bet people that the next #1 typical in the world will come from Kansas. The biggest living deer i've ever seen was in southern Kansas. I was creeping up on a little pothole trying to jump some fat mallards. When i popped up my jaw dropped and the ducks flew away without me firing a shot. A huge bleached white 10 pointer, easily boon, stood up just on the other side of the pond and looked right at me for about 10 seconds. Your on sacred ground. Dandy buck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.