Duck Hunting Forum banner

Big Deer!

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  CutEmMS 
#1 ·
Could anyone help me in estimating how much this deer would score? He is the biggest bodied deer i have seen in my area and his neck looks swollen but this deer is not rutting yet.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
He could go 140, he's well outside the ears. If your hunting private land i'd let him walk, still looks young and could use another year or two. If your on public land though i'd have to drop him. :hammer:

#6 ·
LaRedneck said:
He could go 140, he's well outside the ears. If your hunting private land i'd let him walk, still looks young and could use another year or two. If your on public land though i'd have to drop him. :hammer:
I agree. He definately has some mass to go before he's done growing.

#9 ·
Not a mule deer. Deafinatley a young deer. 2 or 3 year old. For me he would be a great bow buck, dont think i could let him walk. Deafinatley well into the 130's, MAYBE 140 gross. With the rifle I would be torn but I think i would give him another year. In my area 97 percent of hunters would hose him and between the wolves and poaching there is a slim chance he makes it to next season but I like to give bucks the benefit of the doubt. I just dont feel like hunting if i dont think there is a 4 year old or better buck in the area. I wouldnt ridicule anyone for shooting him though, if hes a deer that you would be happy with and excitied to take then i'll be there to hoist the first beer once he's hanging. Where in the country are you hunting? That has huge bearing on your big buck potential. Either way I would say hes a great looking young deer with a lot of growing to do but if he's a trophy in your eyes, then get some blood on your hands.

#10 ·
I'd agree with the 130 class. Not much mass, has width and some points. Won't score as high as you would think, but def. a nice buck. Depends on where you live and if you'll have the opportunity to let him live or not. Let him live until next year and then report back to us on how he grows the next 12 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.