Camo Question

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Camo Question

Postby Twisted Feathers » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:37 pm

I was wondering everyones opnions on camo patterns. I live in Idaho (I will be most likley hunting in Montana and Utah as well) where Breakup is the best selling pattern, however, I have the oppourtunity to get a great price on some sentlok Timber pattern. Will it be worth my money to buy a Timber pattern. I will be hunting both deer and elk and if I can get my number drawn Turkey's as well. This will be my first year bow hunting .... well my first year big game hunting so any info would be great.
Thanks,

Matt
Twisted Feathers
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:20 pm

To me camo is camo. The timber would not cause you any more success than any other. If you can get a good price on it Id get it. Personally Im a break up fan. I like it cause its dark. :smile:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Twisted Feathers » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:17 am

Anyone using the ASAT camo?
Twisted Feathers
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:48 pm

i live in montana and you cant beat the predator camo i love it it works
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:39 pm

If you git a good deal on it... GET IT!!!!

Man, Camo is camo... :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:14 am

Camo is sold on the apeal to the hunter. I can tell you deer can not pick you out in jeans and earth tone shirt! As long as you stay tight to natural structures in the area. If your in the open they will see you no matter what your wearing. It took them 15 minutes to notice me last year leaning against a tree duck hunting by a stream last January in shadow grass. I think they finally noticed me breathing. Shadow grass does not blend with a tree.

I personally think gillies and the textured stuff they sell for bow hunting is the best stuff on the market by making shadows. Have your buddy stand in the sun and then in the dark shade and see what the camo looks like. It looks like a dark blob in the shade and is almost highlighted with lighter stuff like shadow grass in the direct sunlight. Texture is the best camo.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby goosecaller » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:31 am

If this is your first year bowhunting, then camo should be the last thing on your mind. It is tough. Location, location, location is what you need to be worried about. Good luck. Hope you bag a big one.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:06 pm

Don't bother with Scentlok. Doesn't really work too well. Just pick up some decent camo and hunt with the wind in your favor.
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:55 pm

the only way that sent lock works iis if you are sitting in a tree if you are going to hunt elk in montana dont even bother with all of the sent killer stunn because if you are going to go in the mountains 5-15 miles you sweet so much just play the wind. i like preadtor because it is just a simple pattern that can be worn in eastern or western montana and the is a huge difference in the terain of both so thats what i feel about a pattern in montana
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Return to Big Game