Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Postby SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Hey fellas.
Im looking for yalls input on a versatile tree stand that I would be comfortable shooting from a sitting position with a firearm or from a standing position with a bow. Im fairly new to Deer hunting. I am 6' 2 and about 260. safety is obviously a big concern and second i guess would be a big enough seat to hold my ass with a lil extra leg room. do they make such a stand?

Re: Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Postby Sandman3400 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:57 pm

They make a two man ladder stand that is pretty roomy for one man. I got one to take my kids hunting with me. Not sure what brand mine is, but there are several. Check Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. Mine was pretty cheap (somewhere around $100 to $125 bucks) and has been rock solid for 3 or 4 years now.
Real men hunt with Chessies!

Re: Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Postby airborneduckhunter » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm

It depends on what type of stand you want. I personally prefer a climber or a hang on style. I have an Ol' Man climbing stand that I have had for over 15 years. It still works great and it is light. I also have a Millineum Hang-on stand that is hands down the most comfortable stand I have ever hunted out of. Here are the links to the stand sites.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Return to Big Game