Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Postby SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Hey fellas.
Im looking for yalls input on a versatile tree stand that I would be comfortable shooting from a sitting position with a firearm or from a standing position with a bow. Im fairly new to Deer hunting. I am 6' 2 and about 260. safety is obviously a big concern and second i guess would be a big enough seat to hold my ass with a lil extra leg room. do they make such a stand?

jimbo
JIM
SUTHERNDUCKHUNTER
hunter

Re: Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Postby Sandman3400 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:57 pm

They make a two man ladder stand that is pretty roomy for one man. I got one to take my kids hunting with me. Not sure what brand mine is, but there are several. Check Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. Mine was pretty cheap (somewhere around $100 to $125 bucks) and has been rock solid for 3 or 4 years now.
Real men hunt with Chessies!
Sandman3400
hunter

Re: Looking for a Versatile Treestand

Postby airborneduckhunter » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm

It depends on what type of stand you want. I personally prefer a climber or a hang on style. I have an Ol' Man climbing stand that I have had for over 15 years. It still works great and it is light. I also have a Millineum Hang-on stand that is hands down the most comfortable stand I have ever hunted out of. Here are the links to the stand sites.
http://www.olmanoutdoors.com/
https://millenniumstands.com/products
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Return to Big Game