Quebec Outfitters Rip off

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Quebec Outfitters Rip off

Postby rparker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 am

If anyone out there is planning a Caribou hunt in Quebec watch out you do not get ripped off. Happen to us last fall , we paid for a semi guided hunt and when we arrived in camp by float plan we found out there was no guide in camp and that they never supplied a guide. Their web site quite clearly states they supply a guide. We complained but got no wear with the outfitters, the Qebec Outfitters Federation or Quebec Tourism. We have heard of other problems with outfitters in Quebec not just the one we used. If you would like the name of outfiter we used send me a private e-mail.
rparker
hunter

Re: Quebec Outfitters Rip off

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:50 am

Ouch...
I would freak (as I am sure you did)
What did you end up doing during your stay?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Sandman3400 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:15 am

That sucks, but it is always a risk unless you personally know someone who has been with the outfitter you are going with. Unfortunately there is not much you can do but report them to the local outfitters association.
Real men hunt with Chessies!
Sandman3400
hunter

Postby rparker » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:54 am

Well we did go out hunting on our own, the only thing they did for us was give us a ride up or down the lake to where we wanted to go each day. We managed to shoot 5 animals over the week. We had to quarter and carry them to the lake and call the camp on radios we supplied to have them come and pick us up.
They say that because we where able to take 5 caribou we have nothing to complain about, that is the answer we got from Quebec Outfitters Federation, we have heard nothing from the camp owner since we complained.
We chose this outfitter rightly or wrongly from 2 differnt T.V. show that air every week here, Angler and Hunter TV and Adventures North.
rparker
hunter

Postby Decoy man » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:32 am

I feel your pain. It happened to me 1 time. I learned a hard lesson. Ever since then I have hunted world wide with the greatest results ever. I would never hunt anywhere without booking with Jeff C Neal out of Tulsa 918-298-9448. This peson will tell you exactly what to expect, the best guides, the gear, the size trophy you will get, what to take with you, take care of your air flight, who you will meet at the airport, they will take to in front of anyone to get you thru customs. Can't say enough about how good he is untill you hunt with him 1 time and you will never change outfitters again.
Decoy man
hunter

Return to Big Game