Just delete

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Just delete

Postby Buck-N-Duck Outfitters » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Last edited by Buck-N-Duck Outfitters on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buck-N-Duck Outfitters
hunter

Re: Buck-N-Duck Outfitters

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm

What a crock. Someone can kill an 8 point or a 10 point for the price of a tag, why would you charge $100 per point.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Postby Buck-N-Duck Outfitters » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:19 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:What a crock. Someone can kill an 8 point or a 10 point for the price of a tag, why would you charge $100 per point.

Huh?

In Texas this is a GREAT price for these animals!
Buck-N-Duck Outfitters
hunter

Postby SPAR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Sounds like who ever goes there is getting F*****. $100 a point?? what a joke.... this is exactly why a honest working person cant even afford to do something they love.
SPAR
hunter

Postby Buck-N-Duck Outfitters » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:07 pm

SPAR wrote:Sounds like who ever goes there is getting F*****. $100 a point?? what a joke.... this is exactly why a honest working person cant even afford to do something they love.

Are you kidding me?

Go find a lease at 1000-2000 a gun.

A person who works to much to go get out and maintain feeders blinds and other ranch duties will have a chance to hunt twice? Maybe kill a doe..maybe kill a 100" 8point, then again maybe not.

Come hunt my ranch for a hunt and harvest a buck and doe and still have more $ left to pay a few extra bills or buy your self a new toy?

Why dont you guys ask my 20-30 hunters who have hunted with me what they think, bc I don't really give a carp what you think. This is my buisness so don't bash it, I don't bash what you do. I'm priced really cheap in comparisons to ranches that are right across the road from here.
Buck-N-Duck Outfitters
hunter

Postby Buck-N-Duck Outfitters » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:08 pm

SPAR wrote:Sounds like who ever goes there is getting F*****. $100 a point?? what a joke.... this is exactly why a honest working person cant even afford to do something they love.

It's called public hunting land, find you a map and good luck to ya!
Buck-N-Duck Outfitters
hunter

Postby SPAR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 pm

last year a shot a 160" 13 point 5 1/2 year old buck off of public land.. walked out found a tree climbed it and that boy walked by 15 mins later. and it cost me $15 for a tag. So why the hell would i pay $1300 for the same deer at your place?
SPAR
hunter

Postby Sandman3400 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:53 am

SPAR wrote:last year a shot a 160" 13 point 5 1/2 year old buck off of public land.. walked out found a tree climbed it and that boy walked by 15 mins later. and it cost me $15 for a tag. So why the hell would i pay $1300 for the same deer at your place?

Are you planning on having it happen that way every year? :biggrin:
Real men hunt with Chessies!
Sandman3400
hunter

Re: Just delete

Postby SPAR » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Plan? no but hope hell yes. I rather hunt the real way and not see a deer then shoot a 160" 12 pointer every year when your hunting over a feeder and you can just pick your deer.. i guess im just old school tho.
SPAR
hunter

Postby Sandman3400 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:08 am

Something must be wrong with my feeder. I have been hunting over it for 5 years and have only see one deer pass close to it, and it didn't stop to eat. They must not be trained right. :help:
Sandman3400
hunter

Postby SPAR » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 pm

hunting over feeders is a joke. any loser can shoot a deer when you just feed them all year and wait till they walk up to the feeder. Hunt the real way its alot more of a thrill..
SPAR
hunter

Postby Sandman3400 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:38 am

Hmmm... Did you not read the last post? The only way I can wait until one walks up to my feeder and shoot him is if I bring my night vision goggles. They aren't stupid you know. The only thing the feeder does for me is keep a couple more deer in my general area. That is the case for most people. At least down in these areas.

The only places with herds of deer at the feeders in broad daylight are those with high populations of deer and low hunting pressure. I have hunted at some of those places in West Texas, and even there I never saw anything other than yearling bucks come to the feeders. The bigger bucks know better. I have seen 50 does in day come to a feeder, and never a buck. Of course, no one shot does there, so they weren't afraid to walk out to a feeder in front of a stand. The only benefit of the feeders there was that they kept the does in the area, so that when the rut started you had a better chance of a buck screwing up within range of you.

Maybe you just have so many deer that you don't need feeders and food plots. Down here, there are so few deer and so much hunting pressure that we need every advantage we can get.

Tell me, when you go into the woods without a feeder, do you ever decide to set up your stand around some acorn trees or another food source?

Maybe we should stop hunting ducks in agricultural fields as well.
Sandman3400
hunter

Postby SPAR » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:37 am

i never said anything about hunting on or around fields.. those are part of nature and are there for another purpose other then feeding deer. I'm just voicing my opinion as a true sportsmen and outdoorsmen. I just dont agree with shooting fish out of a barrel. it would be like going to your local park pond and feeding the ducks all summer with bread crumbs then comes winter and you go over there and blast some ducks.. its just not right
SPAR
hunter

Postby Sandman3400 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:30 am

I'm just saying that your cut and dried opinion of using feeders in deer hunting is nothing like my actual experience of it. Different strokes for different folks. I don't like deer hunting over dogs, but I don't have a problem with folks who do.
Sandman3400
hunter

Postby SPAR » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:43 pm

if you dont like deer hunting then why are you in this convo?
SPAR
hunter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:12 am

SPAR wrote:if you dont like deer hunting then why are you in this convo?

He dosen't like deer hunting WITH DOGS.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Postby SPAR » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Who said anything about hunting deer over dogs? thats just as pathetic as shooting ( not hunting) deer over a feeder.
SPAR
hunter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 pm

SPAR wrote:Who said anything about hunting deer over dogs? thats just as pathetic as shooting ( not hunting) deer over a feeder.

Sandman3400 wrote:I'm just saying that your cut and dried opinion of using feeders in deer hunting is nothing like my actual experience of it. Different strokes for different folks. I don't like deer hunting over dogs, but I don't have a problem with folks who do.
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Return to Big Game