sika deer?

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

sika deer?

Postby skimerhorn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Does anybody know anything about sika deer? I'm thinking about going on a hunt in md. Just wanted to know if it was worth it, or just anything about them. I'm new to them, just want to try something without traveling a long distance besides whitetail.
skimerhorn
hunter

Re: sika deer?

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm

They taste better!
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby BobF » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Much better....they are a form of elk not deer at all. Earlier in the year you can hear them bugle.

sent from my S III using TapaTalk
BobF
hunter

Postby berettaswinger » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm

They are smaller then a whitetail. A six point buck is a trophy they will get 8 points, but most of the time that fourth point is small. They love thick wet areas and a lot of times deer sigh hardly shows up. When hunting them you have to be ready bc they move threw very quick. They don’t act like that whitetail walking thru the woods browsing along. I personally believe they are not as nocturnal as everyone makes them out to be. I have many trail camera pictures of them at 9 to 11 and a couple hours before dark. Your best time to hunt them is mid October to early November while they are in the rut. I love hunting them when you hear that bugle from a close range your hair on your neck will stand up.
berettaswinger
hunter

Return to Big Game