question about my Bushnell trail cam

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

question about my Bushnell trail cam

Postby toolmaker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 pm

no matter what i do to set this thing up. it seems to just take a gazillion pictures as fast as possible...

it eats up the power, and I get 700 pictures of nothing!!! I even set it up indoors in a barn to look for an opposum we suspected of eating the cats food. and it took 600 pictures in 1.5 days

i took it duck hunting on the opener and set iy up to watch my big boat while we canoed the last 200 yards....it took 450 pictures in the 3 hours we hunted.

any tips? i called the bushnell customer service twice and each time i waited about 30 minutes then hung up....pathetic

i go through the settings, and all it says , if it takes a lot of pictures try setting it up in an area with less movement...or heat??

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: question about my Bushnell trail cam

Postby adrenilinejunky » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 pm

I know it has been awhile since you posted you question, But I was wondering if you got the problem resolved? I got a bushnell trail cam for christmas and I have about the opposite issue with mine. I set it up outside trying to catch some images of the rabbit that is getting in to my feed bag and in 3 days it took six pics of nothing. So I played with the setting on the sensitivity and set it up in the living room for 2 hours and it only took 23 pics with 5 people moving around it the entire time. Just wondering if you got your issue figured out, maybe I can do the opposite of you and get better results.
Waterfowl hunting is not just a sport, Its an addiction to some of us.
adrenilinejunky
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

no, the factory never answered the phone, ...was rediculous...and no one has replied to my issue on this forum.. or another forum either.....to me the device is a complete waste of money.. id take it back if i could.....

dont buy this crap

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby spider316 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 am

Tool, my friend and I went through 6 bushnells' and every one had the same problem ! The customer service rep at Cabelas in Hartford told me they were getting all the bushnell cameras back. We switched to Moultrie M-60 and like em alot. That sucks with that camera because the 8 Lithium energizers are 20.00 a shot. The Moultries are on sale right now for 109.00 at cabelas.
Most experienced novice Duckhunter the good Lord ever created !
spider316
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 pm

I got a hold of them today... they basically said it is EITHER the SD card, or a bad sensor in the camera.

a bad SD card supposedly can trigger the camera to keep taking pictures...

I am sending mine back......

in the fall they were too busy to answer the phone, now they are so busy with repairs that it will take 3-4 weeks to fix.....

the took
toolmaker
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:16 am

I shipped my defective camera back and now . The sent me a brand new camera. I opened it today and set it up at work. The camera functions perfectly... soI am content now...but what a pain the defective camera was.... not knowing what was wrong sucked.

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Return to Big Game