Colorado Elk hunt?

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Colorado Elk hunt?

Postby preacherdan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 pm

my buddy and i are looking at going to Colorado for the season of 14, im looking for advice on what unit anyone would suggest, and any other help anyone could provide on a public land Elk hunt,
preacherdan
DHC Sponsor

Re: Colorado Elk hunt?

Postby 3200 man » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Dan ,

I can offer you this advise ,it depends on what shape the 2 of you are in . Colorado can be demanding and if you or your equipment are not up to the hunting area , it's 90 percent luck that you'll get what you're after . I've hunted there for 20 +
years , you would do yourself a big favor by , using your eyes more than your feet to find Elk ! Call around to Outfitters and
findout where they hunt and what the herds like then , google it so you know what the areas like .
3200 man
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:14 am

Your chances of killing anything in Colorado go WAY down if you are out of shape. Every person i've talked to this year that hunted near Walden filled their tags. Also near Steamboat Springs has pretty good elk numbers. If you do come out here make sure to stop by Rocky Mountain National Park.
Attachments
;l.jpg
,.;l.jpg
duckman27
hunter

Postby preacherdan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Thankyou guys for your help, we are both blessed to be in good shape , would you recommend a certain area ? I would feel rather guilty calling guides for knowledge on the game herds if i know i plan on doing an un guided hunt
preacherdan
DHC Sponsor

Postby rebellife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:56 pm

If you check out huntinginsider.com they have a list of outfitters by state, and you can also narrow down the search to the animal you would like to hunt. Hope this helps!
rebellife
Newb

Postby lucyming » Sun May 05, 2013 4:48 am

I can offer you this advise

Return to Big Game