Kindness is so worth it!

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Kindness is so worth it!

Postby DeadEye81 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:47 am

Today while sitting at work, mad as hell that I couldn't go hunting, my cell phone lights up with a call. The call was from a co-worker that was deer hunting 60 acres of mine. This 60 acres consists of strips of standing corn, two decent sized cattail sloughs, and a few water holes...perfect acreage for big bucks. It is almost impossible for anyone to ever get permission to hunt this little slice of heaven because every year there is one or more monsters living in it, whitetails that is.
Back to story...there is a 5x6, 21 inch spread, with 14 inch brow tines, and beams as thick as a louisville slugger living in that 60 acres. I have been watching him since he was 2 or 3 years old and I figured him now to be 6 or 7 years of age. Last weekend, (opening weekend) I saw this buck numerous times and anywhere from 25 yards to 125 yards from me. Knowing that I also had does to kill and had two more weeks to hunt, I let him go each time.
To make a long story short, this buddy of mine has never shot a buck. He has missed time after time and always had to hunt overhunted public land. Last night, my heart told me to call this buddy up and let him onto the land I have previously described. I don't know what possessed me to do this, but it happened. Less than an hour ago, this coworker of mine dropped that monster at 400 yards away and is driving back to town right now with it in his dodge pickup. Sure I didn't get to shoot it, but it made someone's day, moment, and probably life. I know Karma exists and I can't wait for it to hit me in another positive light!
There are two kinds of people with guns...those who live to just shoot & those who shoot to live! ~Eat what you shoot or don't shoot at all!~
DeadEye81
hunter

Postby kyduck » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Wow...that was an extremely nice gesture. I bet your friend is one happy hunter. Hopefully the same type of gesture will come upon you one day.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby Ruger2506 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:27 am

I'm shocked and amazed you passed. When I see an animal I want, I take the first opportunity I can get. Congrats to your buddy.
I am McLovin!
Ruger2506
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 am

Awesome story. Even if he did get the monster you were after, at least a mature deer is down and somebody has a trophy. Also at least it was your buddy and not some poacher.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby greenhead cutter » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:51 pm

that is probably one of the kindest things I have ever heard, if karma exists you better win the lottery harvest that deers offspring all in the same day. :thumbsup:
Shoot to wound!

oh crap... is that a swan?
greenhead cutter
hunter

Postby OkieHunter » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

We need pictures
Never Correct Your Dog When Angry, That is Abuse And They will Never Forget It
OkieHunter
hunter

Return to Big Game