Make your own cover scent?

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Make your own cover scent?

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:06 pm

Has anyone ever made their own cover scent? I have a gallon of acorns, and I've heard you can use em' for just that purpose.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:28 pm

I store my hunting clothes in a sealed plastic bag with pine and spruce needles and moss and leaves in the bag with them so the clothing takes on a woodsie smell. I guess its like using a cover scent.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Cover Scent

Postby duckmann » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:40 pm

TBC,

Go out into the general area that you hunt and collect acorns, pine needles, etc. Add water and boil the mix for about 10-15 minutes. If using acorns mash them up and boil them again. After you have boiled the second time put in the refrigerator or freezer and use as needed. I put mine in an old spray bottle and mist onto my clothes and shoes before hitting the field.

You can also take pine needles, acorns, dirt etc. from the place you are hunting and put it in a double pillow case. Then take and put in the dryer with your hunting clothes. They come out smelling like the woods.

DuckMann
duckmann
hunter

Return to Big Game