Duck Hunting Forum banner

anyone been out shed hunting yet??

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  shoot-n-goose 
#1 ·
i found the left side to a 140 inch buck and a small eight

#3 ·
Always see lots of big deer all year round, and never have ANY luck shed hunting the next spring.

Any tips about where they tend to drop em? I know they don't choose the time ti shed, but maybe they have a common pattern that time of year.

#7 ·
Still to much snow here, We had a warm spell and I went out, but it's snowed another 2 feet since. Should be better by the end of the month. I'm planning on heading a little farther north and looking for moose sheds in a spot I have picked out.

#8 ·
It is a little early here in parts of minnesota. I usually always find some orund some hay bales when the snow is gone and on a little island i hunt on that is a highspot in the swamp on our land. It is a little wet to get there right now.

#11 ·
Waterfowlhammer said:
East facing slopes are normally a great start. Hey killmaster go to ifish.net and they have a discuss board and you can look at the shed thread on there. Lots of guys with great sheds from this year so far :thumbsup:
Ifish is for **** and internet scouters.

#12 ·
My dad found a skull with both antlers on it also a few years ago on our land. The cool thing is it had every bone from the body still laying around it untouched, they did not move an inch.

#13 ·
All the bones were still there? You must not have many predators. I can't imagine pieces laying around for more than a night around here without being dragged away.
I have been out a few times, no luck yet. I found a skull with a Y on one side and a broken spike on the other.
I found a moose skull too this year at the end of pheasant season, that was cool. So far, I have never found a shed though in my life, and I look a lot. I have found 2 moose skulls and 2 deer skulls with antlers still attached though.

#15 ·
I know, I also thought it was odd that the bones were not all thrown around, yes we have way too much predators but this was a few years ago now, the predator population in our area has exploded in the last couple years. This last year deer hunting was the toughest because we have had some reports of wolves moving into the area.

#16 ·
jrockncash said:
Waterfowlhammer said:
East facing slopes are normally a great start. Hey killmaster go to ifish.net and they have a discuss board and you can look at the shed thread on there. Lots of guys with great sheds from this year so far :thumbsup:
Ifish is for **** and internet scouters.
Obviously someone has had issues with not being able to get information on other peoples secret spots!! :fingerpt:

#20 ·
I was with a buddy when he found half of a real nice 8pt when we were taking down stands

About 5 years ago a family friend was clipping one of my great uncles fields and he found two skulls that were stuck together from fighting. They were intertwined in such a way that you would not be able to undo or redo. One musta died of starvation and the other one dragged it around until it also died the same. They are now the centerpiece of his dining room table

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.