Duck Hunting Forum banner

2008 muzzleloader pics

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  NickK 
#1 ·
New to the site ,,,Just wanted to let you see what's available in the often overlooked Ontario Canada.
Posted a Pic of our 2008 muzzleloader season ,,hope it attached

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
The season starts the first week of December,,and the rifle hunt is the first 2 weeks of November so they get a bit of a rest and the muzzleloader is only a week long but I have heard there are changes coming this year to extend it
Not sure where you are but here the deer yard for the winter ,usally in ceader covered area as thats what they eat for the winter,,,we hunt an area that the deer head to to yard so the more snow we have the better.The only problem is trying to keep warm and keeping my 7 year old son intrested

Attachments

#7 ·
It's similar here, where I hunt in northern Maine the deer migrate to their winter yards, if you can be there when this is happening, the hunting is excellent. If not the deer stay in pockets and there are huge areas with none. Usually takes a pretty good snow storm to get them moving. I have all of rifle season off this year and am heading north with my camper and will stay till I get snowed out. Nice pics.

#8 ·
:bow: Nice mature bucks. Its rare that a buck gets to that age around here. My lifetime biggest is only as large as one of the bucks in the first pics. I'm a meat hunter and to tell you the truth, I prefer young unbred does. I have a muzzleloader I bought years ago that hasn't ever been sighted in. I'd love to have animals like that to give me reason to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.