Southern NV Dove

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Southern NV Dove

Postby TakenDrakes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Anybody have some hints in the southern NV area where I can get on some doves? Not looking for your honey holes just some general areas, I'm not affraid to hike in or out thanks for the help.
TakenDrakes
Newb

Re: Southern NV Dove

Postby richard rouleau » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:40 pm

try overton wildlife area
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Postby ducksbyday » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Overton wildlife mngmnt area is a great place to go. some adive about that: opening day AND opening weekend you have to have a reservation. the place is really packed!!! go the day after opener or after opening weekend, it will be much less packed and you dont have to fight to get in, lol. also, anywhere there is water is an alright place to hunt dove, even if its in the desert. guzzlers tend to attract dove pretty well, but not in huge numbers. the best thing to do is hide under a joshua near a guzzler and shoot them when they come in, decoys work well, but dont put them near you, but a few on the ground and a few on a fence line or a different tree. anywhere there is farm land is good, there seems to be alot north of las vegas on the 93 north, you may try asking someone up there if you can hunt there property. Ash meadows National wildlife refuge i think would be good. ive never been there for dove, but the place is huge and theres ALOT of water. i would hike into the marshes there. you can find maps of the place online i believe. hope this information helps! i may not get to much dove hunting in, my son was just born monday.... so i hope all goes well for you!

-tom
Most of my money was spent on Duck hunting.

The rest was wasted
ducksbyday
hunter

Postby TakenDrakes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:06 pm

Thanks for the advice,I went out to bunkerville yesterday and hunted along the virgin,saw mabey a dozen all day and managed to only bag five of them. I wanted to head up the 93 and see about talking to the farmers as well, I was informed that if u hunt either ash meadows or overton your required to use steel shot, I can't see myself spending that kind of money on doves. Also congratulations on your son! Hope all is well with him.
TakenDrakes
Newb

Return to Upland Game