DOVE HUNTING, Up or Down

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

How was the dove hunting in your state:

Very Good
13%
Good
19%
Average
19%
Poor
50%

Total votes : 16

DOVE HUNTING, Up or Down

Postby duckplucker » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:47 pm

Just curious how the dove hunting went this year. Its closed in KS right now but will re-open Nov. 1. But that is close to pheasant and quail season, so im probably done with the dove this year. It was Terrible in KS this year.
Last edited by duckplucker on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:16 pm

we did so-so. the opener was brutal but i think the amount of rain preventing the farmers from getting the corn out soon enough had a big effect on it. i killed a few limits but had a couple of hunts that i didn't do too much on. usually in sc during the 1st season, you can limit out anytime you hunt.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:20 am

it was terrible in ky we killed 30 our first day and never killed more then 6 avery other time we went :thumbsdown:
kyfowler
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:35 pm

The first weekend between my dad and I, we killed around 30. Numbers wise, I had never seen that few of birds. We were lucky to have the only good spot around. There were only a few farmers who planted milo this year where I hunt so finding a milo field was what you needed to do. I lost my old spot so I had to do a lot of looking. I had hunted one milo field along with about 30 other hunters for about 5 years until someone else bought the field. This year I was a lucky one and got the milo field that nobody knew about. The second weekend was amazing. Me, and two toher guys went out one morning and all had our limits within 45 minutes. I totalled out this year at around 80 dove.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Return to Upland Game