Amazing Pheasant hunt

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Amazing Pheasant hunt

Postby dukkilr6 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:29 am

Well boys I just got home from what was supposed to be a duck hunt with one little pheasant hunt on an afternoon. Well it was 60 and sunny with no wind so there were no ducks flying. I ended up chasing ring-necks the whole trip and absolutly slaughtered em. I think we ended up with around 25 nice roosters. It wasnt what I expected but ended up being a hell of a trip.
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:22 pm

I'm going to be doing the same thing, the last weekend in Nov. I can't wait. Ducks in the morning and pheasants the rest of the day.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:05 am

just got done today(Monday) hunting pheasants and i saw about a thousand roosters not pheasants but roosters today. It was the coolest thing i've ever seen, they were getting out of this corn field like black birds in the fall. There was 7 of us and we limited out, and it was probably the easiest walking but the hardest shooting i've ever done.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby duckdog » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:18 pm

Iowa open's this weekend, but last weekend was the youth pheasant season, and my 11 year old shot his first rooster on Sunday (did'nt get to go Saturday :pissed: ) man was he happy, he jumped it in a corn field, and shot it on his first shot, then about 15 to 20 more rooster's got up, and I heard another shell get jacked in, had to stop him though as the limit is one rooster for youth season. I could care less if I shoot a rooster the whole season now just as long as he got his, and keep's getting some. Now that's a truly amazing hunt when you can see the huge smile on your child's face as they bag there first rooster, also got to see him get his first duck this year to, now he is getting a little cocky :yes: , told him that youth season is over, now the old man get's to shoot to, he better get a little bit quicker to beat me to the bird (just kidding) alway's let him have the first crack, till he start's shaming me. :thumbsup:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby dukkilr6 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:23 am

I was also able to witness one happy kid last weekend. My younger brother who is 15(not the happy kid because he didnt shoot a bird our whole trip.) gave his youth 870 to another 12 year old kid who's mother is dying of cancer and wont last long. Just a litte sunshine in his life at a very hard time for him. He lit up like a christmas tree when he got it. Its good to see that even young sportsman want to pass the tradition's on.
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby duckdog » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:59 pm

That's awesome. I personally know what a hard time cancer can put a family through, ecspecially at a young age. Tell your brother he did a great thing, most adult's would'nt even do that
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Return to Upland Game