Duck Hunting Forum banner

dove hunting

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sbarr7 
#1 ·
hi i want to dove hunt but i dont have acsess to a corn feild so can i succesfully hunt doves in the woods

#2 ·
The simple answer to your question is not really. You might be able to kill a dove on occasion in the woods but it will be more of a frustrating event than an actual hunt. Unless you are shooting a roost area and position yourself to the outside edge where they are entering you'd be more suited to hunt fields.

Another option in the middle to late season is to scout out the flight path of your local birds and hunt them there. Many times the birds will flock up and have specific flight paths that you can intercept them on by sitting on or near a ditch, fence row or even a small field tha they fly over en route to food, water or roost (even if you don't have access to their final destination). I've killed many limits of dove in November thru the end of season in mid January by sitting in a ditch in their flight path with a single mojo dove...when they come there are typically several birds per flock and the shooting is fast and furious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.