Lets talk turkey

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Lets talk turkey

Postby goosedowner » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:21 pm

I just started turkey hunting last spring was my first year here in So.IL and me and my uncle went out one morning were we knew some turkeys were so we set up on them. Morning came and we heard them gobbling down farther than what we had thought so we sneaked down there and started calling we could get them to respond but they never came out so we decided to move and check out another field. There was nothing in it so we started back to the truck and my uncle said lets look over this hill were we had just setup before we had moved so we sneaked up the hill and were we had just been there was two big gobblers and a hen. We sneaked back around and setup and started calling about 30 min later they came in. Shot my gobbler at 45 steps first bird it weighed 25 lbs had a 10 1/2 inch beard and 1 5/8 inch spurs My uncle said that this was the biggest bird he has seen and he hunts all over. :getdown:
Fire Up The Grill Cuz Deer Huntin Aint Catch & Release

Confucuis Say, "He who Hunt Good...Eat Good"
goosedowner
hunter

Postby cut_un » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:11 pm

:thumbsup: That was a big turkey. I only hunt easterns and my biggest to date is 23 lbs. sooooo, you started out "on top of the scale" Sounds like you had a great day playing with them, after all, that's what it's really about..... THE CHASE
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:07 pm

wow, thats the biggest i would have seen had i been there. my biggest was 21 lbs, 10 in beard, 1 in spurs
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby goosedowner » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:02 am

Id post a pic of it but i dont know how. If anybody can help let me know send me a pm.
Fire Up The Grill Cuz Deer Huntin Aint Catch & Release

Confucuis Say, "He who Hunt Good...Eat Good"
goosedowner
hunter

Return to Upland Game