Quail Trapping

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Quail Trapping

Postby Dan182 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:47 am

Hi there. I've been trying to get these pesky quail out of my garden for weeks now, and nothing seems to be working. I'm looking for a trap which will work fairly well, and preferablly be something that I can make myself for little or no price. I'm trapping california quial by the way, and I'm pretty sure its not legal to kill them in California (where I live) anyway, so if anyone has any information or trapping methods they can share, I would appreicate it.

Thanks
Dan182
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:41 pm

Do you hunt? Get a gun and kill them during season.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Dan182 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:46 pm

No i dont hunt or have the money to hunt. I have however, killed one with a paintball gun once. Shot it right in the head with a paintball and it was gone :hammering:
Dan182
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:10 pm

Have you considered chicken wire around the garden. but they can fly. My father uses this for rabits. Also consider a owl decoy. It may and I say that being unsure, prevent them from coming into the garden. But it on a post high above the garden. I know it works for a while with pigeons.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Zirkels » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:59 pm

advertise a guided hunt and come the opening of your season I bet you could move them right out of there.
Zirkels
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:06 am

Try baiting them out. If you have a live animal trap, you could probably put some of their favorite foods in the trap and catch them. It may work only 1 by 1, but it would be a start.
The life cycle of a hunter... hunt, eat, sleep if there is time, then go hunt again.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, becasue hunting infers the possibility of failure. Rather, Chuck Norris goes killing.
duckplucker
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:07 am

Oh, I almost forgot. You could hire me as an exterminator whenever season opens :)
The life cycle of a hunter... hunt, eat, sleep if there is time, then go hunt again.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, becasue hunting infers the possibility of failure. Rather, Chuck Norris goes killing.
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Upland Game