Newby here/Dove hunters

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Newby here/Dove hunters

Postby Small Block » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Tomorrow is the big day. New here with yall but nothing new to the swinging of a shotgun. Dove season opens in the morning and i've got several guys coming out with their sons. That storm Isaac just passed through washing my wheat to the surface. The doves are thick and hungry. Was concerned about all the exposed grain so i called the local game warden and discussed the problem with him. He assured me with my method of planting there would be no issues. looks like you fellers have a great site here and will continue to ask for advice and perhaps give a little. I'll let ya know how we did on the doves here in West Plains, Mo.. Any other dove hunters here?
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Re: Newby here/Dove hunters

Postby woodysniper » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Today was my first time, along with the other two guys with me, to dove hunting. We had a blast and came just short of or limit.
Remember to spay and nueter your democrats.
woodysniper
hunter

Postby Small Block » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:57 am

Woody, first time you say? Dont know how many yrs ago i got started. Today there were 9 of us and we all limited out by 8 am. Fast and furious to say the least. We killed ring necks and mourning dove here. I've only seen one white wing a couple of yrs back here at my place. We're letting em rest today and we'll hit em tomorrow. I'm eating dove for breakfast as we speak. Good stuff Maynard.
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Postby Honda181 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 am

Dove and quail were really good in California at the start, however I went out last weekend and shot on dove we didn't see a single other game bird it was kinda dissappointing
Honda181
hunter

Return to Upland Game