Utah ptarmigan

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Utah ptarmigan

Postby firebird » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:13 pm

My brother and myself spent the last three days in Utah's beatiful Uintah mountains hunting white-tailed ptarmigan. I have never been so physically exhausted and foot sore in my life! We each managed to scratch down a couple birds and we had a great trip. Most amazing country and full of game and fish. We killed our birds at 12,400 feet on my GPS, which maybe isn't much by Alaska standards but thats near the top for our state. Best weather of the year and my young setter did pretty well. Maybe a return trip next year, but not without horses! This also fulfills my longstanding goal to legally harvest all of Utahs gamebirds.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby ak_powder_monkey » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:22 pm

no doubt you were to high for any species but white tailed rock and willow tend to stay just at treeline and spend their time in small willows and dwarf spruce, we have tons and tons of them around 3000' mmmmm ptarmigan
ak_powder_monkey
hunter

Return to Upland Game